Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

How a Gran Turismo World Finalist Helped Design Suzuki’s Vision GT Car

A new deep-dive from Suzuki into the creation of its Vision Gran Turismo has revealed that the racing car version only came into being due to a Gran Turismo World Tour finalist — who then played a key role in its development...

Does this car exist as an actual driveable concept like a handful of the VGT cars have?
As far as I'm aware, only the 1:3 scale clay buck of the regular VGT (not the Gr.3) exists. There isn't a 1:1 model of either that I know about, and there's no functional one.

Very cool! I hope to see the influences of this VGT on future road-going cars. It has a very attractive shape to it. I just wish the racing version was a closed cockpit but understand why they kept it open.

Too bad the Suzuki VGTs are utterly useless. I needed to put RS tires on it and find an AI that took pity on me to make the VGT work at Sarthe, and the Gr.3 version was too fuel inefficient and slow to work at Sardegna.

If only there were more than 2 races in the game.
The road version would either lose those races because the only adjustments are damping ratio, tire choice, weight gain or power loss (I can't make it work at the Tokyo wet race with SM tires that bring it to 597.60 PP, especially if I want to keep the strict no-body-contact CRB), or be way too expensive (most people wouldn't waste a 1,000,000-Cr. car on the Sunday Cup, Japanese Clubman Cup or Japanese 4WD Challenge).

I suppose one could power up the Gr.3 version to the 750-760 PP range, but fuel consumption would remain a big issue in the WTC 800, and it wouldn't stand a chance against the 800-PP+ monsters in the VGT series.

1C70316D-7512-43EF-B808-4848EAF37D52.jpeg
What scape is this?! I swear if that’s not an existing scape in the game then that is Pikes Peak.

2BA0C7C1-3915-46E6-89F9-68AC5A2D1671.png
Maybe I missed this in the past when they first announced the Suzuki additions, but that’s definitely pikes peak. The open fields in the valley floor are a match.And the foothill on the left is present.

Back