How about a rewind option? (Please read first)

• Thread starter EddyHawk
  • 11 comments
Mexico
Mexico
Yes I know, a rewind option is for arcade games, but it would be nice to be able to rewind in private testing when you are just racing alone, when I'm practicing I like to test how fast I can take a curve and many times I end up crashing and destroying the car, this is not big deal in small circuits, just start again and in a minute or so I can again test how fast I can take the curve where I had crashed, the problem is in long tracks like Nurburgring, Circuit de La Sarthe, Spa Historic, if I want to test one of the last curves of this long tracks and I crash, I have to waste a lot of time to get back to the curve and many times I end up crashing again haha, the rewind option would help a lot to not weaste time.

I really do appreciate the rewind feature in games where it exists. It hurts nobody by being there and helps me enjoy longer races knowing I have the option. Of course more hardcore players will say 'well just get better and don't make mistakes' but as someone with limited time I find the option much more fun than hitting 'restart race' when I completely bin in after half an hour of racing.

You sir should be shot at dawn for even mentioning such a thing; what!

:P

Why not turn damage off until you're familiar with the track/car? Then just crash and casually drive off as if it never happened...

That..........is actually really sensible and good advice. Exactly what I do when just screwing around for fun or trying to wrap my brain around a car that just won't co-operate. The racing gods won't punish you for taking it easy once in a while. When it's time to get serious you can set all your serious options back the way you like them.

Like they said, turn damage off, but specifically for Nordschleife that's why the split it into three sections for you to practice on. You don't have to do the whole lap just to check out the end.

I really do appreciate the rewind feature in games where it exists. It hurts nobody by being there and helps me enjoy longer races knowing I have the option. Of course more hardcore players will say 'well just get better and don't make mistakes' but as someone with limited time I find the option much more fun than hitting 'restart race' when I completely bin in after half an hour of racing.

I understand you in a certain way, but if you could rewind in races it would take away the sensation and nerves due to the fear of crashing when you are about to finish a long race, for example when I played Forza I did not care about risking a lot in fast corners or passing opponents because I knew I could rewind, in Project Cars 2 not being able to rewind gives a certain charm to the game because it forces you to be cautious and think of any action you are going to do, sometimes in long races I prefer not to finish first for fear of crashing when I try to pass opponents, I prefer any position instead of crashing and having to restart. But to practice I still think it's a good idea.

cd.gif

I understand you in a certain way, but if you could rewind in races it would take away the sensation and nerves due to the fear of crashing when you are about to finish a long race, for example when I played Forza I did not care about risking a lot in fast corners or passing opponents because I knew I could rewind, in Project Cars 2 not being able to rewind gives a certain charm to the game because it forces you to be cautious and think of any action you are going to do, sometimes in long races I prefer not to finish first for fear of crashing when I try to pass opponents, I prefer any position instead of crashing and having to restart. But to practice I still think it's a good idea.

I get that and there definitely is an appeal to that tension which I appreciate. I don’t see how having it as an option changes this though. If you don’t want it you turn it off in the options and carry on but it’s there for those who maybe don’t have the time or desire to practice enough to get really consistent and eliminate most mistakes.

I love Project Cars 2 because I can find a sweet spot of difficulty where I can have really good races with the AI but that does mean if I make a big mistake I’m little chance of making up ground because I need to do my best laps just to match them for speed. I know this is realistic and part of the appeal for most of the people here but like I said before I don’t think having more options is ever a bad thing.

I get that and there definitely is an appeal to that tension which I appreciate. I don’t see how having it as an option changes this though. If you don’t want it you turn it off in the options and carry on but it’s there for those who maybe don’t have the time or desire to practice enough to get really consistent and eliminate most mistakes.

I love Project Cars 2 because I can find a sweet spot of difficulty where I can have really good races with the AI but that does mean if I make a big mistake I’m little chance of making up ground because I need to do my best laps just to match them for speed. I know this is realistic and part of the appeal for most of the people here but like I said before I don’t think having more options is ever a bad thing.

I am one of the people who has a love hate relationship with those features :P

If they're in I just can't help but use them. This while I love it when a game doesn't have this as it forces me to play the 'real' way. People are weak gamedesign isn't plain wrong or right when they protect people against themselfs ;)

On the other hand I love the idea in practice mode/sessions.

Back