How about this for a Course Maker?

• Thread starter BKViper
  • 7 comments
bkviper
In addition to racing video games, I also enjoy playing with slot cars (for those under 30, this is all we had before video games to fantasize about being race car drivers!).

Well, I was going around the web looking for pricing on track segments and such. I then came upon this cool little application that Scalextric has for slot cars. Basically you build the track virtually, and then it tells you exactly what track segments you need to buy.

But I released this would be a great tool for PD to incorporate into the existing course maker. With the "pre-made" segments, it should make the creation of the map less resource intensive on the PS3 than trying to have infinitely adjustable corners, banking, elevation, etc.

You can find the app here. You have to download it, but you can just give it a fake email address, as it just gives you the link without email verification.

Scalextric Track Designer

So, what do you think? Would this type of system work better for your goals than the current options in GT5?

4.jpg

Yes! A true course creator like this would be awesome. I highly doubt we'll see something like this in GT5, however...:yuck:

I think that would be awesome! I was so excited to create tracks when I got the game. I opened up the course maker looked around and haven't gone back to it. Honestly they shouldn't have even included it.

Back