How active is AC on PS4?PS4 

American Samoa
American Samoa
Hello,

I've seen the new update has improved the AI and I've seen several Youtube videos praising it, this has piqued my interest in AC. I had a look on PSN and it's on sale for £15.99 which seems good.

How active is the game online on PS4?

The new AI is only found in the PC version for now. It may come to consoles in the next big update.

I think it's too early to tell how active online multiplayer will be in the long run. Right now the servers are totally crowded because custom lobbies just arrived, but the new lobbies do need some tweaks and fixes in order to make them entirely useful. I can't say whether the AC servers are local to the different PSN regions, but there has always been a fair amount of online traffic when joining from Europe.

The sale you mention is a very good offer though. It's a great simulator overall and it keeps improving.

Hello,

I've seen the new update has improved the AI and I've seen several Youtube videos praising it, this has piqued my interest in AC. I had a look on PSN and it's on sale for £15.99 which seems good.

How active is the game online on PS4?
If you want long term playing and racing join a serie or league in forum right the section.

£15.99 is good value, but it doesn't have many cars & comes with lots of expensive DLC. The stock game is good as a curiosity, but the online is bare bones at the moment.

Still, I'd buy it for that price.

:)

Thanks for the info everyone, most helpful. I was thinking about buying it as a stop gap for PCars 2 and at the sale price I think I might.

Thanks for the info everyone, most helpful. I was thinking about buying it as a stop gap for PCars 2 and at the sale price I think I might.
I would, even if only for hot lapping. I got the Season's Pass DLC when it was on sale and it was well worth it.👍

VBR
£15.99 is good value, but it doesn't have many cars & comes with lots of expensive DLC. The stock game is good as a curiosity, but the online is bare bones at the moment.

Still, I'd buy it for that price.

:)
I really wouldn't call the DLC expensive, especially if the season pass is bought in the sale.

I'm i the UK and today the servers were very populated.

I played AC online for the first time today, i joined an Drift lobby and i have to say.... I LOVED IT!!

I bought AC some months ago but i never really gave it a chance to win me, as i used to play with a T300(broke) and a T500(had to sell), and now i'm with my old DFGT+Gimmx.

The AC physics is so natural, the drift comes to you and you just have to control it, some times a little help with the counter-steer is need duo to the week and slow DFGT's motor but man... i'm in love right now.

Just buy it and be happy like me!!!:cheers::D:D:lol:

Active enough to keep countless quantity of idiots who slams in the grid on the first corner. Worth every penny, though.

Last edited:
I remember people were blaming Kunos for this saying it was because of cold tyres. I said it won't change anything and it hasn't.
Absolutely not because cold tires. Second type of these idiots is that crash on first few laps and then wait others to bump them out. I thought that private lobbies will resolve this issue somehow, but it didn't, people still don't realize how to use 'kick' option.

Absolutely not because cold tires. Second type of these idiots is that crash on first few laps and then wait others to bump them out. I thought that private lobbies will resolve this issue somehow, but it didn't, people still don't realize how to use 'kick' option.
Perhaps a private lobbie with a password would solve your problem?

Regarding the on-line 'bumping'...

I did a lot of on-line a couple of weeks back in the GT3 cars, and I had very few problems avoiding the 1st/2nd corner carnage... just a matter of setting off with the assumption you will get rammed, being aware of where people are around you, and being prepared to take avoiding action.

Sure, I might sacrifice a few grid places in the 1st corner, but invariably, I would get through the muppets and recover more places on the subsequent section of track than I gave up.

I'd usually don't bother with qualifying, start mid or back of the pack, and just pick my way through to be in the top few cars by lap 2.

Stubbornly trying to hang on to a good qualifying slot is not a great tactic.

It drives me crazy how people don't vote, if they don't know how to use some initiative and try to find out how. I understand the first time not voting but after 4 or 5 times get the bint. Also skipping session on the nurb after qualify has ended, that is annoying. Seams many haven't worked out what qualify limit is.

That kinda does but that's not useful when you just want to join an active room.

Regarding the on-line 'bumping'...

I did a lot of on-line a couple of weeks back in the GT3 cars, and I had very few problems avoiding the 1st/2nd corner carnage... just a matter of setting off with the assumption you will get rammed, being aware of where people are around you, and being prepared to take avoiding action.

Sure, I might sacrifice a few grid places in the 1st corner, but invariably, I would get through the muppets and recover more places on the subsequent section of track than I gave up.

I'd usually don't bother with qualifying, start mid or back of the pack, and just pick my way through to be in the top few cars by lap 2.

Stubbornly trying to hang on to a good qualifying slot is not a great tactic.
I get rammed less now thanks to practice, still happens. I got rammed at Monza 2nd chicane last night in what looked like was going to be a great race in a single make BMW M25i race. Was an accident though.

It's a great solution if you have a permanent community which is online 24/7. Otherwise you need to go in public rooms and dodge between dirty drivers. With a tons of arguable critics on Gran Turismo online lobbies, they're great with chat, understandable times between sessions and perfect timing work.

people still don't realize how to use 'kick' option.
Not only that, but also the administrator of the lobby should be able to kick whoever he wanted, without needing the vote from others.

I think this may be the main issue and that this way we would be able to have nice, open lobbies, that would be popular and active for days.

What's the alternative? It's your room, if people don't respect others then booooot!

Democracy? Majority of votes to kick.

I think both systems should be used to kick players from the lobbies. Sometimes hosts aren't up to the task of spotting bullies and sometimes the majority of players have different levels of understanding, or too much tolerance for nonsense.

Yeah alternative is voting! Some assh0les would kick the fastest guys just bcz they've beaten them! And I've witnessed that! So yeah, democracy and voting is the best way, in my opinion of course.

Democracy? Majority of votes to kick.

I think both systems should be used to kick players from the lobbies. Sometimes hosts aren't up to the task of spotting bullies and sometimes the majority of players have different levels of understanding, or too much tolerance for nonsense.

Yeah alternative is voting! Some assh0les would kick the fastest guys just bcz they've beaten them! And I've witnessed that! So yeah, democracy and voting is the best way, in my opinion of course.
We having voting now, it doesn't work. Sure you could keep vote to kick, in case room hosts haven't noticed the culprit. But room creator should still have complete control. If its my room and I see someone playing up and no one votes to kick him, well that's just crap like it is now. What if one of my friends gets voted out even if he was behaving but someone wants to open a space up?

Bottom line is if it's my room, you behave, you get out of the way on flying laps, you race sensibly. Or you're out. No democracy needed, just respect of others.

Edit: Also to answer the question of the thread again, it's great to see it is still really active.

Last edited:

Sadly that is the way it is. I've seen the same with shooters, good people being kicked for simply being good. Battlefield 3/4 on both console or PC.

Some server admins are even trigger happy with the kick ban.

There are drivers, but sadly the most activity stays away from racing.. Top rooms are always either titled as cruise or a racing rooms with hours of wait before race start. And then there's these 16 players public practice rooms and drift rooms..
I think it it easy to tell is there any chance for races by looking full top rooms.
My personal best was to wait 1,5h for a single lapper at Nordschleife.. But yet i left before it started.

There are drivers, but sadly the most activity stays away from racing.. Top rooms are always either titled as cruise or a racing rooms with hours of wait before race start. And then there's these 16 players public practice rooms and drift rooms..
I think it it easy to tell is there any chance for races by looking full top rooms.
My personal best was to wait 1,5h for a single lapper at Nordschleife.. But yet i left before it started.
Your best bet is joining a race room with 3 or 4 people in, it will soon fill up. I think we may get some extra options with room set up in an update at some point.

Back