How are the PS4 ports of the PS2-era games?

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 4 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
I never really did get around to playing them, but I did like Chinatown Wars (DS) and V (PS3). Are there any port-related hiccups I should be aware of? I don't mind the fact they've removed a few music tracks, since I get that music licensing can get pretty nuts, legally. I especially was thinking of VC and SA.

I never really did get around to playing them, but I did like Chinatown Wars (DS) and V (PS3). Are there any port-related hiccups I should be aware of? I don't mind the fact they've removed a few music tracks, since I get that music licensing can get pretty nuts, legally. I especially was thinking of VC and SA.
I've only played SA so far and it's very blurry - everything seems to have a shadow behind it. There's also an odd audio effect in the pause/map menu. Otherwise I can't say I've noticed any difference.

I played Vice City PS2 port on the PS4 and I think it looks very acceptable though there was a bug with one of the
rampage wagons not spawning in the game but the original PS2 workaround for that sorted it.

I've only played SA so far and it's very blurry - everything seems to have a shadow behind it. There's also an odd audio effect in the pause/map menu. Otherwise I can't say I've noticed any difference.
The HD versions haven't made their way to the PS4? I know the PS3 version had one with updated menus and such.

I have Vice City as a digital copy on my PS4 and I haven't noticed any differences.
But it is a while ago I played it on a PS2, so there might be differences.

Back