How are we feeling about the wallriding/ramming fix?

Canada
Canada
Like the title says - what are your thoughts on the new system they rolled out to prevent ramming and wallriding? I haven't seen much conversation about it here, which surprises me.

Personally I think it's a brilliant foundation, though it definitely still needs a bit of tweaking around when it kicks in, and when it doesn't. Definitely needs to be in any future Horizon game specifically (I think Motorsport should have more GTS-like solutions like skill and sportsmanship ratings).

First of all, I have done a lot more online races since the update. I think it the right solution to let also inexperienced drivers compete with others without ruining the race for all. I know there are rammers out there but I believe that most of the incidents are just lack of experience. The wallriding however was intentionally and the fix was necessary. I do have some remarks however. It is a little harsh. You can get penalized for touching the walls even on straight.. and that can be annoying a lot. The ramming solution is perfect, IMO. It is not really necessary since you get ghosted the first 30 sec, but it is ok to have that option available too.
I know you can still find some dirty drivers, but once you rank up the races become more and more clean and competitive. I like it.

First of all, I have done a lot more online races since the update. I think it the right solution to let also inexperienced drivers compete with others without ruining the race for all. I know there are rammers out there but I believe that most of the incidents are just lack of experience. The wallriding however was intentionally and the fix was necessary. I do have some remarks however. It is a little harsh. You can get penalized for touching the walls even on straight.. and that can be annoying a lot. The ramming solution is perfect, IMO. It is not really necessary since you get ghosted the first 30 sec, but it is ok to have that option available too.
I know you can still find some dirty drivers, but once you rank up the races become more and more clean and competitive. I like it.

I have noticed the wallriding slowdown infrequently gets activated in cases of small, incidental contact - it generally gets it right (and I like that it tries to calculate not just whether you're wallriding, but also if you're pinballing off walls and how much time you're "saving" by not going off the track), but can use some tweaking.

The ramming fix is perfect, and I love it.

Only thing they didn't really "fix", is people shoving you outside checkpoints when going the same speed - though that can be mitigated with smart maneuvers most of the time (like braking momentarily so they just sweep in front of you, and then moving over).

It's not bad, maybe a little sensitive if anything. Racing unfamiliar roads and genuinely crashing yields the double whammy of a crash and a penalty, which can be especially frustrating in any cross country events.

Latest Posts

Back