How can I get 905 BHP on my Nascar cars ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rat666
  • 17 comments
  • 2,142 views
Messages
34
Hi 2 everybody,

I have been running online Nascar Daytona races and someone told me that he has on his Nascar car 905 bhp, this guy told me that You need to run the car a lot and then after an oil change voila you will have 905.

But I wonder how he could get that, I mean I have been running with my actual car for quite long, I´ve changed the oil at least 6 times already and never has increase the BHP to 905. I have even checked if I re build the engine but that doesn´t help me.

So my question will be: Is it true or was just a rumor ? :nervous::nervous:

As yesterday again hearing the people talking someone said again that he has 905 bhp on his car.

If someone know something and want to share their knowledge, I´ll be more than happy to know how I can get additional horsepower for my Nascar cars.

See ya and keep running.
 
You know about the break-in period of new cars?

Watch your mileage, if you've gone from 0-500 miles there should be a difference in HP since you got the car. I've done 400 miles in my GT-R and I'm still waiting for the engine rebuild to become available, but it has gone from 926hp to 935hp since new. Apparently it goes up to 953 ish when broken in fully :sly:
 
As far as I know, 892 is the limit other than for the Gamespot car that came with a pre-order version of the game or some such thing, and isn't available to the rest of us in anyway.
 
They all get the same max hp and that number is 892.
 
They all get the same max hp and that number is 892.

I do not think this is true, I have a Nascar, which has 905 HP. If you want to see it, ill put it online for you,you can PM me for it. It the 2010 CARL EDWARDS #99 Fusion. It has 10changes and 720,3 km run.
 
They all get the same max hp and that number is 892.

I do not think this is true, I have a Nascar, which has 905 HP. If you want to see it, ill put it online for you,you can PM me for it. It the 2010 CARL EDWARDS #99 Fusion. It has 10changes and 720,3 km run.

I remember reading something about the difference in how HP is calculated in America and Europe. In America the maximum is 892 HP (except maybe the Gamestop car which may be higher) and in Europe it is 905 HP.
 
As far as I know, 892 is the limit other than for the Gamespot car that came with a pre-order version of the game or some such thing, and isn't available to the rest of us in anyway.

I have the Gamestop car and it has no more hp than the rest of the NASCAR cars, 892.

BHP is French for US hp, same thing. 905bhp in French is the same as 892hp in English.
 
I have the Gamestop car and it has no more hp than the rest of the NASCAR cars, 892.

BHP is French for US hp, same thing. 905bhp in French is the same as 892hp in English.

I am not sure of this as I am playing in West Europe, my current HP is 892 and my online friend the one with the 905 hp plays in Spain, therefore I believe there is not such Europe/America difference on the Horse Powers right.

Still I do not know how to get the infamous 905 HP/BHP on my cars, again once again someone yesterday in the lobby said that he just got an increase on the HP going fm 892 to 905, but of course he doesn´t want to tell how he made it.

Anyway I will keep looking for an answer.

Keep running.
 
I am not sure of this as I am playing in West Europe, my current HP is 892 and my online friend the one with the 905 hp plays in Spain, therefore I believe there is not such Europe/America difference on the Horse Powers right.

Still I do not know how to get the infamous 905 HP/BHP on my cars, again once again someone yesterday in the lobby said that he just got an increase on the HP going fm 892 to 905, but of course he doesn´t want to tell how he made it.

Anyway I will keep looking for an answer.

Keep running.

you could send a FR to goukipau, with Nascar in text in it and check if its correct that mine, which is then online has 905 HP...
You need to drive at least 500-700+ kms with it I guess.
 
I may be wrong about it being a French measurement but 904bhp is the same as 892hp., look it up and you'll see. Also, try switching your units of measurments to English from Metric.

EDIT You guys are confusing HP with BHP. There is NO 905HP, its 905BHP, which is the same as 892HP. Bottom line, 905BHP=892HP. Just different unit of measurments.
 
Like KB18FAN said, it is different units of measurement.
892 HP[international] = 905HP[metric].
Therefore, the regions that use the metric measurement in the game (one of which evidently is goukipau's) will show 905HP maximum.
 
As far as I know, 892 is the limit other than for the Gamespot car that came with a pre-order version of the game or some such thing, and isn't available to the rest of us in anyway.

My Gamestop Nascar is 892hp. It has many rebuilds and oil changes, 892 is the max for all Nascars I think.
 
the regions that use the metric measurement in the game (one of which evidently is goukipau's) will show 905HP maximum.

Metric system here - max hp on my nascars 892

You guys are confusing HP with BHP. There is NO 905HP, its 905BHP, which is the same as 892HP. Bottom line, 905BHP=892HP. Just different unit of measurments.

Yea, exactly my thought. I think it depends on what system language u are using on your ps3 main menu - I'm from Belgium but dislike the dutch system interface - I prefer it in english.

Example, if i set my system in dutch, GT5 is completely in dutch/flemish - it will show a broken-in Nascar @ 892Pk - where Pk stands for Paardenkracht (dutch word for Horsepower) - if i set it in english, it shows HP.
 
Last edited:
Like KB18FAN said, it is different units of measurement.
892 HP[international] = 905HP[metric].
Therefore, the regions that use the metric measurement in the game (one of which evidently is goukipau's) will show 905HP maximum.

You are half right, lol. 905BHP..BHP, not HP. That is where you guys are getting cofused. People are saying 905HP which is wrong, its 905BHP, NOT HP. Everyone understand now, lol. Look at it for those of you that have 905, it will say BHP which is the same as 892HP. If you don't get it yet, I give up. I'm not drawing you guys any pictures, lol. Have a nice day.
 
I`m confused (not difficult), but all engine output is measured in BHP (brake horsepower), otherwise known as HP (horsepower) so how can you have 2 different values of the same thing?

Horsepower is horsepower is horsepower, unless, you`re talking about BHP v WHP (wheel horsepower), where it`s 905HP @ the fly, but due to transmition losses, it`s 892 HP @ the wheels.

Or am I totally retarded & missing something? (more than likely).
 
I`m confused (not difficult), but all engine output is measured in BHP (brake horsepower), otherwise known as HP (horsepower) so how can you have 2 different values of the same thing?

Horsepower is horsepower is horsepower, unless, you`re talking about BHP v WHP (wheel horsepower), where it`s 905HP @ the fly, but due to transmition losses, it`s 892 HP @ the wheels.

Or am I totally retarded & missing something? (more than likely).

No your not retarded :) But for many years BHP and HP have been different numbers. How Hp is measured is the difference, and the reason for the numbers being different. Power output is the same 👍 Parasitic drag through the drivetrain would lower those #'s far more than 13 HP/BHP at the wheels.

So while Horsepower maybe Horsepower, the system that it is measured by is the difference.

Hope that helps :)
 
Why do you need the extra oomph? You can still win the NASCAR races easily without more HP. I do think that some make cars are better than others for drafting, but that's just a snap opinion. The Camry's are really nice.
 
Last edited:
BHP is French for US hp, same thing. 905bhp in French is the same as 892hp in English.

No.

You are half right, lol. 905BHP..BHP, not HP. That is where you guys are getting cofused. People are saying 905HP which is wrong, its 905BHP, NOT HP. Everyone understand now, lol. Look at it for those of you that have 905, it will say BHP which is the same as 892HP. If you don't get it yet, I give up. I'm not drawing you guys any pictures, lol. Have a nice day.

And no.

1 horsepower = 746W
1 Metric horsepower = 735.5W

The ratio of the 2 is 1.101428

892hp x 1.101428 = 905hp (metric)

Note, this can just as easily be 892bhp x 1.101428 = 905bhp (metric) - whether you are discussing bhp or hp, the ratio between metric and imperial is the same.

Brake horsepower (BHP) is horsepower, less parasitic loses not only through the drivetrain, but also as a result of driving the alternator, water pump, power steering pump and so on. On an engine dyno where these services are either not required (power steering) or provided by the dyno cell services (water flow), the dyno can be loaded (braked) to simulate the loads the engine will see in normal operation.

As an aside, if anyone is truly interested in understanding how cars work, short of going back to school, you could do a lot worse than get yourself a copy of the Bosch Automotive Handbook
 
Last edited:
Back