How can I unlock arcade/recommended cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tsuchiya
  • 14 comments
  • 4,679 views
Messages
56
Messages
Davidrick
At the beginning of the game there are 52 cars you can choose in arcade mode. You can also "force" the use of one or various cars from that list in online rooms.

My question is, how can I unlock more cars for that list?

regards
 
I would also like to know this. Putting things on the favourite list can only get you 100 cars, plus it's annoying.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
In the past - the immediate past; I'm thinking GT4 here - cars have become available in arcade mode as you purchased/won/acquired them in GT mode. Although I remember in GT2, the system worked by unlocking more cars and circuits with each licence that you earned.
 
You can also "force" the use of one or various cars from that list in online rooms.

What do you mean by this? Is there a way to select what cars are on the recommended list in an unrestricted mode online room ?
 
What do you mean by this? Is there a way to select what cars are on the recommended list in an unrestricted mode online room ?
Not that I am aware of. I don´t even go that far, I just want to know how can I get more cars into the recommended list.

When you use car restrictions, you can only do it with cars from the recommended list.


For example, Ferrari 512BB isn´t in the recommended car list so I can´t use car restrictions to force other people to use it online.

regards.
 
I'm a bit disappointed that you can't use the standards in Arcade Mode. If they're good enough to race together with the premiums in GT Life, they should be good enough to race together with the premiums in Arcade mode.
 
I think you can. You have to set it to favorite. Which is offcourse a pain in the ass.
 
Ya... It says I can force f1 cars but of course no one owns any yet i dont think lol
 
I'm mad about this to. Any car we receive or unlock should be available in arcade mode from then on. Its not the case. I have to favorite each and every vehicle. Plus its the custom tuned version and not the stock version, and you can't change the cars color like the other ones in arcade only. It sucks. Hoping there is a patch for it but its not likely. (PD, if your reading this, PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN)
 
What are the coolest, fastest of the 52

Definitely the McLaren MP4-12C - pretty car is good!

So no-one knows about unlocking arcade cars? I've got the boys round at the moment and I really don't want to have to buy cars to be able to race them.
 
What is the purpose of arcade mode if you need to use the GT mode to then acquire them? Surely arcade mode should have everything available to it and GT mode is the place you go to earn it through skill and ability?

I must admit I am quite disappointed that so much of the game is off limits until you work through the GT mode, I always liked going into arcade and picking out the car I own and seeing what it's like on a track around the world... Now I can't do that. :(
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm mad about this to. Any car we receive or unlock should be available in arcade mode from then on. Its not the case. I have to favorite each and every vehicle. Plus its the custom tuned version and not the stock version, and you can't change the cars color like the other ones in arcade only. It sucks. Hoping there is a patch for it but its not likely. (PD, if your reading this, PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN)

Are U serious? WTF!!!

There's like no point to this game then because U can't pick and choose tracks in GT Mode nor can U set the number of laps in it so having all the cars available in Arcade Mode is a must when U want to use a specific car on a specific track with a certain number of laps. If U can't unlock all the cars in Arcade Mode after progressing in GT Mode then the whole game is ruined. I give this game a month to sort this nonsense out or its getting traded in.
 
Now i know why there are so many copies of gt5 in the shops after being traded in everyone fed up of not having a decent arcade mode. I've had and still got all the series upto and including GT5 and sadly when my friends come round I'm still having to use GT4 as arcade mode has so many cars to chose from and most can have colours changed which is ideal for replays (something that GT5 couldn't do till recently).

What use is arcade mode in GT5 as unless you have friends round for a 2 player game you can use practice mode to get the tracks!

I've stopped playing GT5 in A spec and am now just letting it run B spec races to make money while i do other stuff around the house.

Would I recomend anyone buy this game sorry but NO those that still have GT4 should stick with that. Its a real shame it looked so promising in the prologue
 
Back