How can people upload amazing decals without get a distorted decal as I?

• Thread starter LuisSan
  • 7 comments
Mexico
Mexico
luisandoval6
I see that some people upload amazing (detailed) just in one file. Like these

11t4f2e.png
n5po4p.png

I uploaded this logo/text in two parts (file size would be larger if I dont).

2d7hsle.png

The filled text looked good in GT web page and console but the contour didnt.

racg8k.jpg

How they can upload detailed decals in just one file and I cant even upload a text contour?
I made it with the text tool and after I created outlines. I exported it as .svg file with 2 of decimal and styling Internal CSS. I tried svg optimizers but they didnt work. (Actually the file size is 13.8kb) I saved it as svg (not export) and nothing. I dont know what to do. I would like to upload amazing decals like those people (or the people who upload body parts as decals, jesus).

Another question i have is, how can I upload gradients? I tried a time ago but the gradiend changed to a solid black.

If anyone knows tips I would really appreciate your help.

I can't really help you as I don't know the exact cause - but I'm pretty sure it's a problem or bad setting in Illustrator. I only have this problem with Illustrator.

If the outline is a stroke, perhaps trying expanding it to a solid shape first?

Edit: Never mind, just re read and saw you changed the text to outline.

but I'm pretty sure it's a problem or bad setting in Illustrator. I only have this problem with Illustrator.

The same problem can occur with Inkscape.

A previous post on the same thing proposed that it may be due to over simplifying.

I've had this happen in Inkscape with hand drawn shapes. So far nothing I've done has fixed it. Downloaded the trial of Affinity Designer to see if recreating it there might help. BTW if anyone is looking to purchase AD it is on sale 20% down to $40 until January 5th. I believe that price may only be good for Win10 users though on the PC side...check the details.

HEY ALL:

I had the same problem OP had.

MMX's solution was spot on. Exporting from Illustrator wasn't holding the SVG parameters.

When I "Saved As" and picked SVG 1.0 (not 1.1) with "Image Location : Embed," the files worked fine.

Here's a screenshot of the SVG 1.0 settings that worked for me.

Asset 1.png

Hope this helps...!

Back