How come my Toyota Minolta doesn't drive the same anymore? Help?

  • Thread starter Thread starter XiongSwm
  • 15 comments
  • 2,691 views
Messages
1
When I beat "Like The Wind" I got the Minolta. It was a very good car. But until I took it on an endurance race it just never drives the same anymore. I did all the maintenance on it that I could have done after to try and fix it. But it just doesn't work. It's so weird. It drove so well and now it's just complete garbage. I try practice drive in Nordscheleife and I just always spin out on the turns (even when I'm driving good). It just doesn't drive well anymore. What happened?? I'm so sad. :(

Is it because I put too much miles on it? It's about 300 miles. I'm assuming cars in GT5 just get worst as it goes up?

Help me please!
 
did you have the same assist on/off? 300 miles shoulld actually be better because its past the break in stage
 
Maybe you have other tyres in the front than in the rear. I've had that once; racing front tyres and sports back tyres. The car wasn't controllable. :scared:
Check it, you never know. Unless you never bought sports tyres on your Minolta.
 
Maybe you have other tyres in the front than in the rear. I've had that once; racing front tyres and sports back tyres. The car wasn't controllable. :scared:
Check it, you never know. Unless you never bought sports tyres on your Minolta.
this... i wondered why my RM ZR1 suddenly could not take the indy corners without braking. i spent days trying to figure out the problem. i eventually looked at the tires and they were on comfort soft/sport hard for some reason. :ouch:
 
I'm assuming you checked the tires and assists. Something that happened to me after the last update is that all of my tuning that I had done to my cars was somehow set back several weeks. I haven't heard of this happening to anyone else but it may have happened to you. For example, I began a Cappuccino series about 4 weeks ago at Tsukuba with a certain, bizarre and easy to remember tune. For two successive weeks after that I used a more standard tune but after the update, it changed back to the original Tsukuba tune. After checking my other cars, they too had done the same. You might want to check that your car has the same settings that it did before the update.
 
It maybe the new patch 1.10 for GT5. Many people have been noticing that their cars were a bit understeery when they downloaded the new patch. So that maybe your case.
One way to fix it is to just tune your car all over again.
 
Yeah tyres can be changed by the odd gremlins that live in GT5.

It's happened to me a few times. I've gone out to turn some laps and the car is whipping out from under me in all the corners. Then when I exit out, I find that the car is no longer on the good tyres it should have.

I now make it a habit of mine to routinely check that the tyres are right before clicking the 'go to track' button.
 
Samething happened to my Furai. I used too love but now, idk. Im sorry to hear that. I know how u feel
 
The Minolta is rather insane about tire spin...Always has been. Perhaps you had an assist or something on, or less power. Even with massive amounts of TC (For example TC = 8), it will still spin. Just take it easy on the throttle.
 
Check your tyres, dude. I had the same on a Lancer. Was about to get rid of it but then thought to check tyres. It had 2 different types on it. Went back to sports soft & problem solved...
 
double check your suspension settings if they're still the way it used to when it felt right :)
 
Yay!!! I realized why my Furai wasnt performing. I used to drive it with traction control at 5. I dont know how i changed it but im happy again!
 
I have bumped into this a few times. When Bob drives, he usually has to drive on non race tires, and the system changes them for you when you enter a B spec race. So when you go back and forth from A spec to B spec, check your tires. And yes, the Minolta is nearly undrivable on anything but race tires.
 
Any chance the frame is bent and the car just needs chassis maintenance?
 
Check the tires, i the same thing happen and it was because the tires had magically changed themselves.
 
Back