How come some accents on cars don't change color when painted?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Operation Ivy
  • 7 comments
  • 1,099 views
Messages
76
Finland
Turku
The intake thing on the R8 doesn't change when I paint it. It also happens on few cars with stripes and logos on base model race cars. Ironically the only striped cars I want to paint don't keep the stripes
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    763.1 KB · Views: 7
The intake thing on the R8 doesn't change when I paint it. It also happens on few cars with stripes and logos on base model race cars. Ironically the only striped cars I want to paint don't keep the stripes

I don't know the reason on most cars. On the Audi, the real car has that section in a different colour and I think the game copies that by retaining the colour of that part.
 
I embraced color retention on the R8's sideblades and used complementary body colors, I particularly like Suzukagrau Metallic / Brilliantrot and Daytonagrau Perleffekt / Ibisweiß. (Note: Suzukagrau Metallic is only available when purchasing the Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09 in that color--a 1,350,000cr nab.) Just be sure to buy the car with the sideblade color you want to keep, as it cannot be changed. It's also worth noting that the Carbon Sigma secondary available on the 4.2 model has a visible carbon fiber weave that matches that of the optional natural finish carbon fiber hood--but sadly it's only the center section of the hood that changes.

No telling why it was done this way but it is what it is.
 
I always liked how a couple of the Standard cars kept their stripe color, particularly the Grand Sport
 
A couple that annoy me in particular are the 2010 Camaro, which takes on the SS stripes no matter how it starts out. It might not be so bad if we could chose the stripe color, but that's locked. Same thing with the new Viper, among others. Another one that bugs me is the old (I forget the year) Fiat 500, where the seats turn white when the body is painted. That wouldn't be so bad except the seats also have a pinkish tint toward the edges near the side windows.
 
If it has stripes then they remain and change dependent on the selected colour you choose. If you don't want stripes you need to select the colour way minus the stripes then you won't have this issue. If there is no option to pick without them you are stuck with them.
 
If it has stripes then they remain and change dependent on the selected colour you choose. If you don't want stripes you need to select the colour way minus the stripes then you won't have this issue. If there is no option to pick without them you are stuck with them.

If a car has a stripe option, they will appear when you paint the body even if you purchased it without them. Some cars with no stripe option will magically develop stripes when painted (a couple of Miatas come to mind).
 
If a car has a stripe option, they will appear when you paint the body even if you purchased it without them. Some cars with no stripe option will magically develop stripes when painted (a couple of Miatas come to mind).

Wow, I haven't had that issue myself, not saying that is not the case just hasn't happened from my end. Thanks for the info
 
Back