How complete is your GT?

OK, so after finishing everything in GT League and Special Events, and golding all the licenses (A-5 and IA-7 were HARD) I'm replaying all the tournaments in special events to get the other prize cars in each of them (IMO collecting all the prize cars is a main goal in GT) after which I will finish arcade mode. So what are your goals and achievements in GT?

My goals and achievements? I don't know, maybe that I won the GT World Championship, but hey, I'm still playing this game.

Geez, it was so long ago. :guilty:

I completed all the race series, enduances, and sprints. Spot Races GT Cup, World Cup etc. I golded all the B-licenses, but could only silver or bronze the rest, because I was too psyched about starting GT2.

In various games I golded all the licenses, and collected all the prize cars in all colours.

And entered every model of used car in the Hard-Tuned Series. For lesser models I used a Game Shark to tweak the field.

And I entered a race-mod version of every model of used car into some racing series as appropriate for its abilities.

My goal is:

Finish Arcade mode (done)
Gold B License (done)
Gold A License (done)
Gold IA License (not done)
Collect all prize cars (not done)
Finish all races and do the GT World Cup as the very last (not done)

basically, i've completed all there is to GT simulation and arcade mode. But my licenses are only silver or bronze. I got 2 golds though. I've purchased all available cars and got the prizes too. Unlocked the higher resolution tracks and won every event. I've also had all pole positions on all events.

BTW I haven't tried all the time trials and spot races on simulation mode? Why are they on simulation mode anyway? I can understand spot races, since you get money for them, but time trials are basically 2 lap machine tests on every track in the game.

That is because you can tweak your tuning settings that's why its on sim mode. Arcade mode does not allow this tuning set ups

Regular races allow you to tweak tuning settings as well. BTW if you enter, for example, a car with a stage 4 turbo in Normal Cup, you'll be allowed, but the turbo will be automatically taken off.

What's wrong with 2 lap machine tests at every track in the game?

I kept records of simulation mode time trials at Grand Valley East ii by saving lots and lots of replays. (You had a lot of characters in the save titles and so could indicate lots).

That was my test track; it seemed to provide good all-round evaluation of a car. High-speed turns, esses, hairpins, some hills and bumps, and a long straight.

Yeah, well I don't think one extra lap is needed for just the first turn. Just my opinion. BTW I think it should be on arcade mode. I mean it doesn't have all the cars, but you do get practice.

Back