How could the official GT Sport app potentially become preferable to using the mobile site?

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 2 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
Or an unofficial app. Seriously, it feels like just using a browser to view the official mobile site is better than using the app. Here are my ideas for the app, and potentially stats/features that could be added to the main site, as well:

-Course records would include every available car you've used in a class and not just the one you've obtained the fastest lap with. There'd be the further option to sort by each course stat, so for something like Monza's Gr.3 records, you could sort by fastest lap with each Gr.3 car you've raced with on that track, or by time/date you set that best lap. (Although, I'm not sure how this would factor in with the occasional BoP changes. Maybe if a particular car gets a BoP change, its records are cleaned? And cars that do not get a BoP change stay on your listing.)

-Since registering for Sport Mode seems to have pretty specific locational data that you input, maybe you can view certain stats based on your local region, state, nation, generalized region (e.g. North & South America, Europe) or the entire world, as opposed to just that last one.

-There could be more elaborate records of your races, like what time you chose to enter on which date, what your qualifying time/position was, and your final position.

-Likes given to liveries/photos in the app would count towards the progress of the respective achievements, as opposed to just on PS4.

-You could playback shared replays, rather than only being able to do so on the PS4.

-You also could spectate Sport Mode and Lobby races.

-You could create lobbies for other players to play in, where one slot would be consistently open for you to join later if you're unavailable to do so when you create the lobby (e.g. away from home). You'd also have tons of options for the lobby creation, insofar that you could replicate the options in GT League and/or a Custom Race, such as selecting individual vehicles to be eligible, or being able to create a "recommended cars" listing for players that may not have those cars themselves.

-When it comes to searching liveries, you could still pick a specific car, generalized color, and general category (e.g. Retro, Replica) but also could sort by most likes, shares, and comments. You could also set a certain time parameter, such as most likes/comments/shares within this month, year to date, or of all-time. And in addition to picking a particular car, you could also search by automaker, country, category such as Gr.1, or even have a custom group of cars you want to search by. It'd be somewhat similar to the options I wanna see for lobbies or Sport Mode, where you could search for liveries for cars with certain drivetrains, or search for Japanese N300 car liveries.

Well why would you need an app when the website works perfect on mobile phone ?

I have never really understood this. GT website works utterly brilliant for a lot of things. Specialy searching for nice skins. For all the rest we have the unofficial app.

Well why would you need an app when the website works perfect on mobile phone ?

I have never really understood this. GT website works utterly brilliant for a lot of things. Specialy searching for nice skins. For all the rest we have the unofficial app.

That's what I mean, though. I'm hoping the official app can prove itself in some way. Because I entirely agree - the mobile site entirely outclasses the app.

Back