how did that get in there.

  • Thread starter Thread starter jetboy
  • 14 comments
  • 1,221 views
Messages
9
I was play on my gt4 and I did the euro hot hatch tourament and there was ford focus rs and I when to the amerian showroom and there it was ford so can some one tell me why they are allowed amerian cars the euro hot hatch tourament
 
I was play on my gt4 and I did the euro hot hatch tourament and there was ford focus rs and I when to the amerian showroom and there it was ford so can some one tell me why they are allowed amerian cars the euro hot hatch tourament

The Ford Focus RS is in the American area because Ford is an American company, but the RS is principally a European model, hence the reason it can be entered into the Euro hot hatch series.


On a slight side note could I ask that you try and use good grammar in your posts, as a number of our members do not use English as a first language and it helps to ensure that the posts are easy to read for all (its also a requirement of the AUP)

Thanks

Scaff
 
ahhh! so thats why I could race any car 70's or older in 1000 miles! thanks scaff (as in it's suppose to only be for certain cars but I could race Jaguar E-Type, Murcury Couger etc.)
 
you can also race with an acura-infiniti-lexus on any of the japan race :P but one thing I dont understand is why can I race the viper gts-r in the All Japan GT Championship?
 
you can also race with an acura-infiniti-lexus on any of the japan race :P but one thing I dont understand is why can I race the viper gts-r in the All Japan GT Championship?
To put a real world focus on that (pun intended), why can Audis race in the ALMS? Audi isn't American.

The All Japan GT Championship is not the JGTC. If it was the JGTC, then the viper would not be eligible.
 
If it was the JGTC, then the viper would not be eligible.

Apart from the Viper that ran in the JGTC GT300 class back in '02 & '03, which unfortunatly is not in GT4.

viper055.jpg


Regards

Scaff
 
Yeah, obviously, I knew that...
 
*raises eyebrows slightly at daan* :p :lol:

Perhaps this thread could become an FAQ as to what oddities appear in car eligability?

DE
 
you can also race with an acura-infiniti-lexus on any of the japan race :P

Acura, is owned by Honda, and Honda is a Japanese car. Acura technically is a Japanese car, it's just made here in the USA.

Same thing with Infiniti, it's owned by Nissan, which is a Japanese car.

And Lexus, and Scion, are owned by Toyota, which is a Japanese car. Technically all 4 of these companys are Japanese cars. There made with Japanese parts, designed by Japanese, built here in the USA. Cause they don't have them (I think in Japan) Like in stead of the G35, they have the Skyline. Instead of the IS300, they have the Altessa. In stead of the Acura NSX, they have the Honda NSX. (Although there are SOME Honda NSX, Integras, etc.. in the states) Very rare though. Only seen one Honda Integra Type-R in my life, that was in the suburbs of SF.
 
Acura, is owned by Honda, and Honda is a Japanese car. Acura technically is a Japanese car, it's just made here in the USA.

Same thing with Infiniti, it's owned by Nissan, which is a Japanese car.

K, but Toyota's are built in the states, AND contain a higher content of American made parts than the new Mustangs.
 
K, but Toyota's are built in the states, AND contain a higher content of American made parts than the new Mustangs.

It is however still technicaly a Japanese car.

This is a game you can play witha wide variaty of cars, its just simpler to look at the manufacturers origin., my favorate example is the Nissan 350Z, which was:

  • Designed by an Indian
  • who was born in Britain
  • working in a design studio in California
  • then built in Japan
  • by a company part owned by a French manufacturer.

which makes the 350Z a very global model.

It is however a Japanese car, as Nissan (no matter how much Renault own of them) are still at heart a Japanese company.

Regards

Scaff
 
K, but Toyota's are built in the states, AND contain a higher content of American made parts than the new Mustangs.


Yes, every single Toyota is built in the U.S..

No Toyota cars are built in Japan.

None.

:dunce:
 
My personal method for determining a car's origin is where its parts were engineered and designed, rather than where they were created or put together. This does result in some "hybrids" with manufacturers who have international relationships, like Daimler-Chrysler or Ford/Mazda...in which case I usually choose the manufacturer who designed the chassis itself.
 
One that bugs me is the Altezza race under Toyota in the Japan manufacturers area. To get in the race you have to buy and tune an Altezza from Lexus in the American area.
 
Back