How do American Fans of Super GT get to watch the races?

• Thread starter kman79
  • 24 comments
So, I'd really like to follow this series this year, but what are my options in terms of being able to watch whole races of the series?

Honestly, I don't have to watch it live, I just want to be able to watch it. I've searched youtube for previous seasons, and have found a good number, but none are whole races.

Was just wondering how others get their fix of the Super GT series.

Grand Tourismo TV? isn't it still avialable for download like pay per view or do they just show the old ones?

Nope he's talking about Super GT which was called JGTC a while back. I am curious myself, actually I am trying to figure out how I can get TV Tokyo. But Time Warner Digital cable has the crappy Japanese TV channel called NHK which doesn't show anything interesting but like tourist spots. I don't even think like Direct TV has options to watch top Japanese Channels like TV Tokyo.

I get all of my Super GT and racing (F1, ALM's, DTM, MotoGP, etc.) videos/footage from www.racing-underground.com. I have a pretty large collection of F1 races thanks to great community 👍

Unfortunately the only JGTC races that have English commentating on this site are some of the races from 2006 IIRC, which were shown on Speed TV here in the sates. Despite the lack of Enlgish commentating for the current Super GT races, it's still very enjoyable to watch though :)

These are very hard races to grab for US folks. I used to have the first 5 races of the 2006 season on the hard drive but I was only able to get the first 3 on YouTube before moving to a new comp.

Unfortunately, YouTube has removed 2 of the races & only left me with the 1st Round and I'm not sure how long that one will last, as I have a notice that they all may contain copyright info.

When the races come around, a good place to look for a watch is on Justin.Tv. One guy seems to have Super GT, Formula Nippon, and even the Asian Le Mans Series when they are on. Looking at the links that we used back during the '09 season, the channels have been removed.

So, looks like its more happy hunting for us. 👎

Is there any chance us Brits (or even Europeans, for that matter) will have more luck? I haven't been able to pick up the JGTC on MotorsTV for about two years now...

I get all of my Super GT and racing (F1, ALM's, DTM, MotoGP, etc.) videos/footage from www.racing-underground.com. I have a pretty large collection of F1 races thanks to great community 👍

Unfortunately the only JGTC races that have English commentating on this site are some of the races from 2006 IIRC, which were shown on Speed TV here in the sates. Despite the lack of Enlgish commentating for the current Super GT races, it's still very enjoyable to watch though :)

Tried to open an account. Asking for an invitation code. Where do I get one? :dopey:

Yeah. Juist tried to register and you need an invitation code to be able to complete your registration.

Ugh, I hate those Torrent sites that ask for invitations. Use ISOHunt until you get one, that's where I get most of mine. It doesn't seem that there is a streaming site for races yet, they have it for Football and UFC Pay-per-views but no racing.

I've been wondering how to get an invitation to that site for months now....I don' mean to come off as a leach, but I have a ReadyNAS that runs a bittorrent app that is on and online 24/7...if you have an invite to spare, I would greatly appreciate receiving one. The ReadyNAS stays on and serves as a media server for the house, I might as well help others out by seeding.

I've had no luck with isohunt as of yet, searching for Super GT, almost all results show up as Dragonball Z:grumpy:

Will try JustinTV when the series starts, hopefully I can get to watch something through that.

I appreciate the replies everyone

i go to justin.tv all the time to watch f1 online if i can't wait for qualifying. usually it airs 15 minutes before speedtv here in america broadcasts it. i use that and the live timing from f1.com... super gt is another story. i know someone on justin has older races. dont know if he'll air this years events though- try to google it.. i know i will

Tried to open an account. Asking for an invitation code. Where do I get one? :dopey:

I've been wondering how to get an invitation to that site for months now....I don' mean to come off as a leach, but I have a ReadyNAS that runs a bittorrent app that is on and online 24/7...if you have an invite to spare, I would greatly appreciate receiving one. The ReadyNAS stays on and serves as a media server for the house, I might as well help others out by seeding.

I've had no luck with isohunt as of yet, searching for Super GT, almost all results show up as Dragonball Z:grumpy:

Will try JustinTV when the series starts, hopefully I can get to watch something through that.

I appreciate the replies everyone

I'm not sure where you can find invitation registration codes on the web, other than receiving one from someone who is already an established member of Racing Underground. Unfortunately I gave my last invitation to a member on here just a day or two ago. Sorry I can't help out! :guilty:

Offtopic

Speaking of sites which host racing videos I wanted to point this one out for those who don't know of it. It hosts all episodes or every season to date of both Top Gear and Fifth Gear:
Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
FG is a good source, but after their source for downloads decided to kill 80% of its illegal downloads, nearly every season before the last one is now much harder to find.

This might be good news!
I just searched Ustream for a super GT channel and there are two!
There are no viewers and no status updates. This may be because
the first race is on March 21st @Suzuka Circuit. So lets all cross our
fingers and pray to whatever god you pray to!

For those wanting to keep updated on the Super GT races, I have not found a good source for them yet but I wanted to share what I stumbled upon on youtube, just in case some of you are interested.

Qualifying Session 1&2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySg8eg_G9_8

Qualifying Session 3 GT300: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epDPsW_qFNs

Qualifying Session 3 GT500: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mSHHaJ_iSw

Round 1 Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxbK1Vp0NzI

I know its not the whole race, but its better than nothing! Enjoy

thanks.. ive looking everywhere to stream, so is it broadcasted live on Tv tokyo?

good link at least we can see the highlights..

So are you guys saying there is no way to watch a Super GT race on the internet?!

Quite unbelivable that such a great series like this is only covered by Japanese TV. :odd:

So are you guys saying there is no way to watch a Super GT race on the internet?!

Quite unbelivable that such a great series like this is only covered by Japanese TV. :odd:
Shocker, I know. AFAIK, I'm one of the few people still with a full race on YT, bar it's from 2006.
[youtubehd]Epwl0jtuJO0[/youtubehd]
[youtubehd]I5KJoam-mKI[/youtubehd]
[youtubehd]8-u2riUsjEs[/youtubehd]
[youtubehd]aV0Ss4Xs0Q8[/youtubehd]
[youtubehd]5zNzf2FOZLc[/youtubehd]

I have a buddy who has acquired 3 rounds of the 2010 season, and is working on uploading them to YT here within' the next month.

This is ridiculous. Whoever does Marketing and PR for SONY must also be working for the Super GT. What a joke. It was renamed as the Super GT in the first place to help it gain GREATER INTERNATIONAL EXPOSURE.

Why is getting on to Racing Underground impossible?
They have the biggest selection of races in the world, but only a few can see them. It's like Willy Wonka and the Golden Tickets.:lol::(

If I had an invitation on to that site I would do the 'Pay it forward' scheme and give a couple of people here some invitations on the condition that they also give invitations.👍

Latest Posts

Back