How do different lineup work?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ppucci
  • 33 comments
  • 1,427 views
Some races seem to have a popular lineup of cars you'll be competing agaisnt. For example, I've found the R92CP, R89C, Minolta, Gillet Vertigo and AMG Mercedes to be the most common in the Gran Turismo World Championships.

BUT

It's obviously not always the same. I've started it twice (dropped out with the Peugeot 905) this game and today when I started again, I found I was against the Sauber C9 Mercedes, Pescarolo Courage C60 '03, Peugeot 905, Bentley Speed 8 and Jaguar XJR15 when I'm driving the BMW LMR V12. Very competitive field, but I've won two from two.
 
rsmithdrift
Yeah, well I was up against 2 other RX-8 Type S, so I figured it shouldn't matter but usually it's a close race with a last lap pass for the win against my equivalent competition in a 2 lapper, but The other type S cars seemed way down on power, even when I ran the 200kg of balast I had a sizeable lead by the start of the second lap. Do you think that PD slowed them down to make a fairer race for the stock RX-8 type E?

The AI isn't down on power, it's just useless! It drives way slower than the cars potential, that's why you really need such an underpowered car for the high point races. Run any race at El Capitan and you'll see what I mean (The AI seems to be a good 5 SECONDS a lap slower than expected, for pretty much any car :yuck: )

66.
 
Do you race?
Some races seem to have a popular lineup of cars you'll be competing agaisnt. For example, I've found the R92CP, R89C, Minolta, Gillet Vertigo and AMG Mercedes to be the most common in the Gran Turismo World Championships.

BUT

It's obviously not always the same. I've started it twice (dropped out with the Peugeot 905) this game and today when I started again, I found I was against the Sauber C9 Mercedes, Pescarolo Courage C60 '03, Peugeot 905, Bentley Speed 8 and Jaguar XJR15 when I'm driving the BMW LMR V12. Very competitive field, but I've won two from two.

Like I said before...
From console reset, all lineups you receive in a race for a particular car are the same.
From console reset the FIRST lineup (for *any* car) is always the same.

AFAICT, everyone has the same first lineups and it looks as if everyone with the same version of the game has the same lineups.

The first lineup for the GTWC is, in order:
Minolta, Vertigo, 92, CLK, 89.

That's why you keep seeing it. But you can exit and reenter the race as many times as you like to get a new lineup.
 
jdw
Like I said before...
From console reset, all lineups you receive in a race for a particular car are the same.
From console reset the FIRST lineup (for *any* car) is always the same.

AFAICT, everyone has the same first lineups and it looks as if everyone with the same version of the game has the same lineups.

The first lineup for the GTWC is, in order:
Minolta, Vertigo, 92, CLK, 89.

That's why you keep seeing it. But you can exit and reenter the race as many times as you like to get a new lineup.
I've found if you save the championship progress, then abandon the series from the world map, it doesn't count towards your win ratio.
 
Back