How do I contact a moderator?

• Thread starter TFSI400
  • 1 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
As the title suggests. My posts are constantly being merged or deleted, with no real explanation apart from a generic note in my notifications saying it should be discussed in private with a moderator.

I’ve no idea who the mods are or how to contact them to discuss it in private. Can anyone help? On the off chance this thread doesn’t get immediately deleted like the others I’m hoping someone in authority sees it and is prepared to actually communicate rather than coldly remove all trace of the issue.

I’m new on here, and while I understand it must be a tough job to keep the place clean and tidy (I moderate a website myself so I understand the job) I’ve got to say that this approach is entirely unwelcoming. I think I’ve got plenty to contribute here and I’m being treated like I don’t belong. It’s a bad look.

Can a moderator talk to me please? Someone do the right thing, and reach out? Cheers 😊

As the title suggests. My posts are constantly being merged or deleted, with no real explanation apart from a generic note in my notifications saying it should be discussed in private with a moderator.

I’ve no idea who the mods are or how to contact them to discuss it in private. Can anyone help? On the off chance this thread doesn’t get immediately deleted like the others I’m hoping someone in authority sees it and is prepared to actually communicate rather than coldly remove all trace of the issue.

I’m new on here, and while I understand it must be a tough job to keep the place clean and tidy (I moderate a website myself so I understand the job) I’ve got to say that this approach is entirely unwelcoming. I think I’ve got plenty to contribute here and I’m being treated like I don’t belong. It’s a bad look.

Can a moderator talk to me please? Someone do the right thing, and reach out? Cheers 😊
There's a "Staff Online" box on the main forum page which tells you who all the staff that are currently online are:

1647272692225.png

Merged posts are usually the result of double-posting. Deleted posts are the result of posting something that breaks the AUP, or quotes another post that breaks the AUP (or quotes another post that quotes another post... etc).

Since you're being notified that you're making public posts about moderation - which is conducted and discussed in private - that would certainly qualify... and you're also being directed to contact the staff in private within the notification, which is where they should be contacted.

I'm not sure what's "cold" about being directly told what the issue is and how to resolve it - and if you moderate a forum yourself you should know that contacting the staff should be done in private rather than making public posts about grievances and giving them more work to do.

And it'll probably be me you want to contact, because admin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back