How do I go Solo? Also is there "Inactivity Kicks"?

GTnForza4ever

(Banned)
Canada
Location? My Bedroom.
There's a lot of people going around in the map and it kinda overwhelms me, can anyone please tell me how to go Solo? I haven't found the button. (I must be blind...)

Also, is there an inactivity kick in this game just like in The Crew 2? Thanks guys.

We really need a general questions thread for this game if we haven't already.

It's on the second tab of the game's pause menu.

solo button.png

Also, I just got kicked for inactivity while capturing this screenshot and drawing a big arrow on it so the answer to your second question is yes.

Last edited:
Also, is there an inactivity kick in this game just like in The Crew 2? Thanks guys.
There is an inactivity kick, but it is not like the Crew2. You need to be in an online session. You get kicked just from the online... you go solo and of course you still remain in the game.

There's a lot of people going around in the map and it kinda overwhelms me, can anyone please tell me how to go Solo?

For solo mode, the pause menu has a small icon for it. Maybe you need to scroll through a few tabs before it shows up.

Edit: No idea how I didn't see @UKMikey's post with the image. Sorry, my bad.

I find the online kicks to be quite annoying to be honest. After taking my time for tuning/painting a car when i come out of the festival hub I am always offline and need to manually switch to online again.

I can understand the game dropping me for inactivity to keep servers active, but it would be nice if it could automatically find a game for me again afterwards and put me in it without any prompts.

I find the online kicks to be quite annoying to be honest. After taking my time for tuning/painting a car when i come out of the festival hub I am always offline and need to manually switch to online again.

I can understand the game dropping me for inactivity to keep servers active, but it would be nice if it could automatically find a game for me again afterwards and put me in it without any prompts.
I was AFK for a bit and came back to realize I was on my own. For me though, it automatically started looking for a connection when I got back in-game.

I was AFK for a bit and came back to realize I was on my own. For me though, it automatically started looking for a connection when I got back in-game.

Yes indeed In noticed that too. I did the entire Drift Club, LaRacer and Movie storylines yesterday. When you are in a race it puts you in solo. When I started the next chapter half the time the coop button was greyed out, half the time it was available. Meaning that half the time the game indeed reconnected.

Yes indeed In noticed that too. I did the entire Drift Club, LaRacer and Movie storylines yesterday. When you are in a race it puts you in solo. When I started the next chapter half the time the coop button was greyed out, half the time it was available. Meaning that half the time the game indeed reconnected.
It's funny you mention that, because last night I went AFK for a bit, and this time it left me offline and I had to reconnect myself. So I guess it goes both ways..?

Weird - only time I've had it disconnect me is when I've resumed the game after putting my Xbox on standby for a while, or when I've gone AFK from the game for a long time. And as soon as I've unpaused and resumed playing, the box comes up at the top of the screen saying it's looking for a session automatically.

Last night, I was grabbing some of the DLC cars and when I went back into the "world" I realized I was, again, offline. I had to reconnect manually.

Last night, I was grabbing some of the DLC cars and when I went back into the "world" I realized I was, again, offline. I had to reconnect manually.
Maybe I am missing it, but I couldn't find a way to reconnect within the game manually. When trying to do certain things I got a message that said something along the lines of "Connect to Horizon Life to use this feature" but I looked all over the "Horizon Life" tab and saw no "reconnect" option. I mostly play offline, since it boots me offline and I can't connect again.

I have a feeling I am missing the option. But what does that say about the menu designs? I, personally, think they are terrible.

Maybe I am missing it, but I couldn't find a way to reconnect within the game manually. When trying to do certain things I got a message that said something along the lines of "Connect to Horizon Life to use this feature" but I looked all over the "Horizon Life" tab and saw no "reconnect" option. I mostly play offline, since it boots me offline and I can't connect again.

I have a feeling I am missing the option. But what does that say about the menu designs? I, personally, think they are terrible.
I'm not in love with the menu design either, but I'm getting more comfortable as I get more time with it. As for your question, I'm not at home to check, but I believe basically when you're out driving and hit the pause menu, it should be on the right side of the first or second page. A big block will say disconnected or reconnect or something along those lines.

I hit the "Find New Session" button under Horizon Life to reconnect online. And yeah, the menus aren't great. It's also a little jarring for me coming from GT Sport to this lol. The menus can be confusing af

It's also a little jarring for me coming from GT Sport to this lol. The menus can be confusing af

Even coming from FM7 it's a little jarring. :lol:

I miss the menu's from the 360 era, they were simple and easy to navigate. Everything during the XB1 era has been overly complex and confusing.

Even coming from FM7 it's a little jarring. :lol:

I miss the menu's from the 360 era, they were simple and easy to navigate. Everything during the XB1 era has been overly complex and confusing.
Yeah, thats true. I hated the menus in FM7. They seemed really laggy and hard to navigate after a few beers :lol:

Latest Posts

Back