How do I Report a Player Who is Sending Abusive/Hateful Messages on GT6's In Game Chat?

  • Thread starter Thread starter xZAMGMarmite
  • 8 comments
  • 2,570 views

Does GT6 need a clearer way to report messages sent via it's in game chat feature?


  • Total voters
    23
Messages
795
United Kingdom
UK
Messages
Ask me
I did do a search before posting this and found nothing, https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/sear...9+320+321+322+349+350+323+324+325+347+328+346

Is there a way to report a player for sending abusive/hateful messages from GT6's in game chat??
I know that the report button can be found in the 'Player List' menu in a lobby but doesn't do anything most of the time (have tried it before.)

So how do I report the messages from GT6's in game chat though as there is no clear way to??

I have been getting some messages of this nature (I have taken photos of some that have been sent to me) and I have no clue what to do with the photos of the messages sent, so someone from Sony or PD can see them.

Any ideas or help is welcome.
 
I don't believe you can do anything else outside of that report button in the 'Player List' unfortunately.
You could try to take a pic of the hateful messages and email them to Sony, since GT's online experience falls under the Terms and Conditions of PSN, but I don't know if even that would work. It's always worth a try though. :)
Sorry if this didn't prove much help.
 
I am sure you can report the players profile but I think that only works if they send you a private message. The best thing that can be done is just to block the player.
 
Thanks to all who have posted here:cheers:.

I have done what @tankuroded said to do and a report has been filed against the person as well. I also do what @GTracer98 said to do, I do that to start with.

I still think GT6 needs a improved and clearer way to report messages like that sent via it's in game chat feature.
 
Back