• 12 comments

RikkiGT-R

GT: IamValhalla
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Rikki_GTR
IamValhalla
Is it only competitive racing that runs up mileage on my cars?..

I've completed as much of the career as I want to now, and spend my time re-racing valuable events to earn money to splurge on premium cars. I take these cars to random tracks and do a lot of time trials (I keep them stock fwiw).

Anyway, more often than not - actually, always - I'll notice afterwards that whatever car I've been driving will still have 0 miles on it in the garage screen. My miles are increasing in the main status screen where it shows total miles driven, favourite track and so on, but the car(s) I have just driven remain(s) on 0 miles. Why?

The annoying thing is, the Mazda Furai remains the car with most mileage (less than 400 for God's sake) even though I haven't driven it since I completed Special events weeks ago, nor do I intend to ever drive it again because it has no cockpit view. And I'm certain I've driven further in the Nismo GT-R at least, albeit in Time Trial mode. I play every night for hours on end and yet most of my cars* have 0 miles.

*All the cars I've bought since I finished the career mode.

If you are using arcade mode for fun you will have to enter/exit the tuning setup page after your drive and before you leave the track, this will allow your car to hold the mileage you have just driven. 👍

I don't know why it is like this and yes it's silly and we should not need to do this extra step, but we do. :boggled:

You can also use free run/test drive mode from your garage, driving from there will always clock up the mileage on cars.

Last edited:
If you are using arcade mode for fun you will have to enter/exit the tuning setup page after your drive and before you leave the track, this will allow your car to hold the mileage you have just driven. 👍

I don't know why it is like this and yes it's silly and we should not need to do this extra step, but we do. :boggled:

You can also use free run/test drive mode from your garage, driving from there will always clock up the mileage on cars.

That really is bizarre, and now I'm annoyed :grumpy:
I must have missed out on so many miles because I was unaware of this extra step. What on Earth, PD? :odd:

Well, at least now I know. I was half expecting someone to tell me I was imagining it lol.

You are not the first to question this on the forum. I have given the same answer to a few members here since I worked it out for myself long ago.

Well I've just went for a few laps in a few different cars this evening and immediately my mileage is increasing in all the cars I'm using. Seeing it for my own eyes.
Honestly I've been playing this game for months and can't imagine how many miles I've failed to register because of this ridiculous glitch :banghead:

The extra step is a bug. Arcade mode is not supposed to be adding mileage at all, but when you exit the setup all the car data is saved, including mileage.

@eran0004 - I would be happy using free run, but I like time trials (don't we all?) and free run has no local leader boards. I also like putting the miles on my cars, even if it means spending money to fix them all eventually.

@eran0004 - I would be happy using free run, but I like time trials (don't we all?) and free run has no local leader boards. I also like putting the miles on my cars, even if it means spending money to fix them all eventually.

So just do time trials. Remember to go to the tuning setup after every session to save the mileage.

If your car only goes to Arcade mode, it won't become worn at all. You need either Free Run, or something where you have fuel cons/tyre wear activated.

That's ok as long as I can run up mileage though. I'd still rather have my cars becoming worn but I like time trials and Arcade Mode is the only option.

That's ok as long as I can run up mileage though. I'd still rather have my cars becoming worn but I like time trials and Arcade Mode is the only option.

You can do time trials online as well. I don't think the times are saved anywhere though, but maybe you could make your own list manually in a spreadsheet?

That's far too much effort for me :lol:
Honestly, arcade time trials will do just fine. A quick reference for my fastest times is all I need.

Back