How do I set up a new PSN to play GT5 "for my missus"?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 4 comments
  • 3,121 views

RikkiGT-R

Premium
Messages
2,732
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Messages
RikkiGTR_NEW
Messages
IamValhalla
On my PS3 menu (XMB?) I have the option to sign in, but not to sign up, but I see loads of people who have various accounts for duping etc.
I want to open an account for my missus (well, in her name); then I'm going to play through GT5 on her account but 'lend' cars to her from my account so 'she' never needs to actually buy a car and can just play through without spending any money.

I hope this isn't in the wrong sub-forum, as it is [basically] to do with GT5.

Thanks in advance.
 
On my PS3 menu (XMB?) I have the option to sign in, but not to sign up, but I see loads of people who have various accounts for duping etc.
I want to open an account for my missus (well, in her name); then I'm going to play through GT5 on her account but 'lend' cars to her from my account so 'she' never needs to actually buy a car and can just play through without spending any money.

I hope this isn't in the wrong sub-forum, as it is [basically] to do with GT5.

Thanks in advance.

It's a new PS3 account, from now you create a new PSN, its in the system options I believe.
 
When signed in as your own user in XMB, scroll all the way to the left (to the users list, should be only one now ;)), and then up, there's the 'add user' option.
 
You need to Create a new user from the xmb on the ps3. Then log into it and create a PSN id for it. Then send a friends request from it to yourself (your PSN id) . Log back out and into yours and accept the request. That is about all there is too it. Then play GT5 on the new account if you want. Or first saving your game data to the pc then buy the cars you want and save them to the PC in a folder named after the car the save has on it. From the game with the car you just bought gift it your wife.Now go to the PC and reload your save file with full money on it back on the ps3.
Log into your wifes GT5 accept the gift and before you gift back to yourself save the data to the PC also *so your wife collects cars*.Once saved gift the car to yourself. Now reload your wifes account with the save data that has the gift car. Log into your account and take the gift. Do the same procedure each day and you and your wife have the cars to keep.You can buy cars from the ucd every few hours and store them on your PC. But remember to save to the pc first and reload your real GT5 data after you bought the cars. In between this obviously you are saving the save data with bought cars to the pc too. Then everyday pick a car to gift yourself from your PC collection.
 
Ah... it was simpler than I thought. Thanks guys 👍
 
Back