How do I setup a G27? GIMX?

• Thread starter NZL
  • 10 comments

NZL

Australia
Australia
Hey guys,

I have an old Logitech G27 I want to pull out of storage and use on the PS5 with GT7 (plus maybe some other games?).

I can't afford to go the Cronus Zen path, I've read it works but out of my price range.

The GIMX adaptor looks cheap, is anybody using one of these successfully? Is there much setup involved or just plug and play?

Cheers 🤙

Hello,
Gimx works good on PS4 but on PS5 the wheel disconnect after 8 minutes.
Don't forget with gimx you need also a computer (pc or raspberry) and a adaptator.

Although not much cheaper, the DriveHub is an excellent option that will make almost any USB device (wheels, pedals, shifters, handbrakes, you name it) plug-n-play compatible with your Playstation.
For PS5 you need a Hori Mini controller as well to make it work.

Last edited:
I also would like to know which method works best to connect a logitech G27 to work with Gran Turismo 7 on the PS5. Will the H-shifter also work?

Yeah GIMX is no good for PS5 unless paired with a DriveHub, check out their forums, loads of info on there about it.
I used to use a GIMX with a Driving Force GT and then a G27 but that was on PS4 (it worked really well for that).

Yeah GIMX is no good for PS5 unless paired with a DriveHub, check out their forums, loads of info on there about it.
I used to use a GIMX with a Driving Force GT and then a G27 but that was on PS4 (it worked really well for that).
I don't understand, why you would use GIMX AND the Drivehub, not just the Drivehub?

I don't understand, why you would use GIMX AND the Drivehub, not just the Drivehub?
not sure about that one there must be a reason people do it but I have no need for the GIMX now I swapped over to a GT DD Pro and no PS5.

not sure about that one there must be a reason people do it but I have no need for the GIMX now I swapped over to a GT DD Pro and no PS5.
GIMX I believe is the closest thing to full control over your hardware. You can fine tune things like force feedback better than Drivehub would let you. I think you can also have multiple devices/peripherials act as one to fool the console if you tinker. Drivehub won't let you do that

Last edited:
GIMX I believe is the closest thing to full control over your hardware. You can fine tune things like force feedback better than Drivehub would let you. I think you can also have multiple devices/peripherials act as one to fool the console if you tinker. Drivehub won't let you do that
What do you mean? Combining different wheel bases, pedals, shifters, handbrakes etc? Drivehub lets you do that. You can connect pretty much whatever to the accessory port and even expand it with a USB hub if you need more ports.
I'm not sure why would you need to adjust the FF settings anywhere else than on your wheelbase or in the game settings.

Last edited:
What do you mean? Combining different wheel bases, pedals, shifters, handbrakes etc? Drivehub lets you do that. You can connect pretty much whatever to the accessory port and even expand it with a USB hub if you need more ports.

I'm not sure why would you need to adjust the FF settings anywhere else than on your wheelbase or in the game settings.
Not true. Drivehub notoriously glitches out and has issues with certain hardware. Here's a recent example:

GIMX is superior in every way, more compact and cheaper than the overpriced "Drivehub" solution. But if you're able to throw money at all your problems then by all means buy both and test both out

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back