How do people cope with Steering Wheel restrictions on Xbox One

• Thread starter F117a
  • 13 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
The things I've read and had confirmed are that the Xbox one has restrictions on steering wheels.
The Xbox does not allow you to map enough buttons for functions meaning you have double buttons on steering wheels I.e two x buttons, this is rubbish for games like pcars and f1 and also the Xbox one does not support led rev lights etc.

So with the Xbox one x and forza coming out I was very excited for this but after hearing how bad steering wheel button support etc is on Xbox one it's kind of killed it.

Does anybody have work around or is there going to be support in future for it, from what I've read this has been an issue since 2015

I coped by leaving the XBOX behind when they c**k-blocked my Fanatec CSR wheel from working on the XBONE. You know, the one with the FORZA branding stamped on the face? I built a gaming PC and didn't look back. I got the last laugh as now I can play FM7 on windows, with my wheel.

I coped by leaving the XBOX behind when they c**k-blocked my Fanatec CSR wheel from working on the XBONE. You know, the one with the FORZA branding stamped on the face? I built a gaming PC and didn't look back. I got the last laugh as now I can play FM7 on windows, with my wheel.

Cheers, though in a way MS got the last laugh as they sold you a copy of Windows and Forza Motorsport 7 ;). That said, I'm really glad these games are on PC now. I'm a huge fan of these car collecting quasi-sims and it was always a shame that they were console exclusives, with all the attached limitations and needless licensing issues.

Cheers, though in a way MS got the last laugh as they sold you a copy of Windows and Forza Motorsport 7 ;). That said, I'm really glad these games are on PC now. I'm a huge fan of these car collecting quasi-sims and it was always a shame that they were console exclusives, with all the attached limitations and needless licensing issues.
Well when it comes to OS's, you're kind of stuck with windows. As far as selling me a copy of FM7, the underwhelming demo didn't help them there, lol.

Drive hub will still not get passed the issue of the Xbox only letting you assign a certain number of buttons (if you take away shifters etc) it’s only 5 buttons you can assign it’s locked inside the Xbox system os.
Really wish the devs of wheels and racing games would push Microsoft on this

I know the feel, back in 2014 I left the PS3 gaming community and joined PC, but missed a game like Gran Turismo for the car collecting and tuning. FH3 cured it slightly, but I still longed for running low power cars around the 'ring like I used to. I'm very excited for FM7 to be released next week.

Yeah. To this point, moving to PC is the only alternative. Expensive, yes; but the perks outlast the console option. Have you seen FM7's requirements? You don't need a monster PC to run it.

Yeah. To this point, moving to PC is the only alternative. Expensive, yes; but the perks outlast the console option. Have you seen FM7's requirements? You don't need a monster PC to run it.
Exactly, though I have to run most settings at medium, it still looks amazing. Can't wait for Friday when I have the day off to play.

Exactly, though I have to run most settings at medium, it still looks amazing. Can't wait for Friday when I have the day off to play.

I requested Friday too :lol: The more I play the demo, the more I am in love with this game, specially after trying the wheel settings suggested from one of our user threads. Just five more days!!!

(The 911 is still a pain to drive though...)

I skipped FM5 because of the lack of wheel support, Having just laid out cash for the CSR Elite for FM4 I was not about to buy a console and a wheel for FM5. Especially considering that GT6 came out around the same time and did work with my existing hardware. FM6 I did buy and thought I would use a controller but that lasted about 1/2 day before I decided to try a cheap wheel. Better than a controller but far from what I was used to.

FM7 is a no brainer, PC all the way, Already loaded and played the demo with the Fanatec wheel and pedals, everything seems to work fine and looks great. Looking forward to Friday now.

No button mapping. I'd imagine there will be a small bit of freedom inside the games to remap some stuff. I'm just anxiously waiting for Friday like a lot of other people.

Back