how do u burn a ps2 game?? help me out

Hey im 13. i have been playing Gt 1, Gt2, Gt3 very seriously fow the past few months. i have some amazing cars on gt3, abpout 10 with well over 1000 horsepower. i was just wondering on haw you burn PS2 games. ppl say that u need a dvd burner/ ripper cuz ps2 games are written on dvd's because they r to big to b on normal cdr. it would b great if some one could tell me some programs that i could download to burn games. thanx a lot.
:embarrassed: :( :( :( :confused: :confused: 😈

Last edited by a moderator:
Well first of all, what you're talking about doing is highly illegal. Sony would be very unhappy if you copied any of their games. My suggestion is to not do or talk about this anymore.

However ...

The people you have talked to are correct. You need a DVD writer and DVD ripping software. That way you can make an image (file) of the game you are trying to copy and re-write it back to a new disk. Although, I believe PS2 disks have some custom enginering to make them difficult to copy.

The software for doing this is illegal to even posses. The hardware for writing DVDs is very expensive ($800 ?). And the blank DVDs are still in the $10 range ... each. So making your own you really don't come out ahead until you've made about 20 of them. But then you've gone to a hell of a lot of trouble for some stupid disks that you could get into serious trouble for.

~LoudMusic

NOT a good idea, and not worth the time and investment. Just buy the game, it's $20 USD now anyway.

- You can't play PS2 games a computer yet, so no downloads.
- Sony's not stupid, they put copyrights/software protects on their software.
- If you just want to get into trouble, go spray paint a car in Singapore.

welcome to u guys to. so r u guys recomending to me that i should just buy a burnt ps2 game from a store cuz i know sme that sell them that live close to me??

I only recommend that you not waste time and alot of money to copy a game that is almost cheaper than you can buy the media to put the game on. Besides, it is illegal. It's cheap enough, just by the game.

Yeah, GT3 has gone Greatest Hits now so it's only $20 USD at most places. Plus Sony is somewhat famous for shutting down pirate operations very swiftly, and they certainly have the legal power to send you up the Merde River for it as well.

Also... don't you need a modchip to get pirated games to work on a PS2 anyway? That's another $50 USD there, and it most certainly would void your warranty.

Originally posted by lil_hybrid
welcome to u guys to. so r u guys recomending to me that i should just buy a burnt ps2 game from a store cuz i know sme that sell them that live close to me??

No, we're recommending that you buy a licensed production version of the game. The one that says "Sony" on it (:

~LoudMusic

It's $20 bucks, give up smoking Newports for a day or two, and go buy the game. You can't play a copied game on an unmodified PS2, and this isn't a warez forum.

Welcome anyway :)

Dont be an ass doing stupid things. If u want a game, earn it. Get a job and then buy anything u want, but dont burn PS2 games. U mess up ur life and Sony.

Originally posted by Tercel_driver
Dont be an ass doing stupid things. If u want a game, earn it. Get a job and then buy anything u want, but dont burn PS2 games. U mess up ur life and Sony.

That seems a little harsh. The point had already been made. And besides, if you had read his post with a little understanding you'd see that he is thirteen years old. A job is not an option and doing stupid things are a part of a youngster's growing up phase. The important thing is to not make decisions that have concequences you have to live with for the rest of your life.

~LoudMusic

Well dude, at that age I wouldnt even think about doing something illegal. Like for example on that time would be converting SNES & NES games into ROMs. It would be stupid to go to jail just for doing that. I mean, this is no kid's game, U GET TO SPEND 5 YEARS + ON JAIL, or maybe not. Yeah, if u have like 50, 000 possibly not.
:rolleyes:

He's a minor. They're not going to do much of anything to him. Well, except for take all his computers away and put him on a restraining order from ever touching a computer again. That would make for a pretty tough life for someone in this day and age. Especially if he starts at such a young age.

~LoudMusic

Yah, I remember that thing. Same sentence they gave for a bunch of kids on Australia or Canada I think. The kids were hackers and when the police caught them, they confiscated their their computers and prohibited them for ever touching one.

B/C is restarted GT3, the most decent car I have is a Camaro SS stock and a RX-8 from the licenses (stock too) The skyline GT-S is a really nice car (modded). I have a 360 hp Acura Integra too.I am just looking for a car that can compete on the GT Series in Beginneer.

Have any of u guys noticed that you can upgrade the racing cars in gt3?... thats weird cuz is all the otha gt's thats not possible. y the saudden change.

unless u already have dvds and ripping software and dvd burner dont go to the trouble of try all thats very expensive very like in the 1000's :(

Latest Posts

Back