How do we feel about the new physics?

Canada
Canada
Honestly, ever since the last update this game has been a drag to play. Every car feels like it has has varying levels of understeer. The Mclaren almost feels like it has input lag.

Some people are saying you can feel the tires more, but I’m not getting any of that through my G29. How is everyone else doing with the new physics?

Honestly, ever since the last update this game has been a drag to play. Every car feels like it has has varying levels of understeer. The Mclaren almost feels like it has input lag.

Some people are saying you can feel the tires more, but I’m not getting any of that through my G29. How is everyone else doing with the new physics?
I feel you. I have a G27 and it really feels like I get a lot less input from the front tires and especially the Midengined cars feel so understeer. Funny enough I also tried this game before and afterwards with a fanatec and it does feel better on this wheel. You get a lot of informations

I like the new physics. IMO it's not an earth shattering difference but more like some small improvements in different areas. I agree that understeer is more pronounced in some cars now, especially the Porsche Cup car at mid/high speed. But for most cars the aggressive preset is still fine. Safe setups have always and will always be understeery.
One thing (and this is not to suggest that you feel what you feel because of your settings); have you played with the new Damper setting in-game? I found that on 50% (default) it dampened the ffb too much. Might be useful to double-check that and also steering ratios.

Last edited:
I like the new physics. IMO it's not an earth shattering difference but more like some small improvements in different areas. I agree that understeer is more pronounced in some cars now, especially the Porsche Cup car at mid/high speed. But for most cars the aggressive preset is still fine. Safe setups have always and will always be understeery.
One thing (and this is not to suggest that you feel what you feel because of your settings); have you played with the new Damper setting in-game? I found that on 50% (default) it dampened the ffb too much. Might be useful to double-check that and also steering ratios.
I need to give it another try, I seem to be the only one that hates it lol.

Haven’t touched the dampers, hoping to avoid that at all costs lol. I did turn my steering ratio’s down, seems to help some cars more than others.

Been trying to play the game but ever since the M4 update I'm just getting UE4-AC2 fatal error everytime I enter the menus. Checking the official forums and steam quite a few people are having this issue too. So annoying.

Been trying to play the game but ever since the M4 update I'm just getting UE4-AC2 fatal error everytime I enter the menus. Checking the official forums and steam quite a few people are having this issue too. So annoying.
I had the exact same error.
Is your graphics card overclocked (either from manufacturer or by you)? If so a common "fix", or workaround if you will, is to downclock the graphics card by a small amount. I downclocked mine by 100MHz and that fixed the issue.

I know it sounds random and weird, but it actually works. I tried a couple of times to set the clock back to default, but it didn't take long in ACC before that crash happened again. If I kept it at 100MHz below the default clock the error never happened again. This was on my old 1080 Ti.

Last edited:
I need to give it another try, I seem to be the only one that hates it lol.

Haven’t touched the dampers, hoping to avoid that at all costs lol. I did turn my steering ratio’s down, seems to help some cars more than others.
You should leave your max steering rotation to default 900º. If you do that you will have realistic degrees of rotation for every car as the game will auto-adjust this for you.

The problem of leaving the wheel to our default settings (mine is 1080º) in this game is that, for reasons still beyond me, Kunos have decided not to include a soft lock in competizione as opposed to the original AC, and yeah even in the know that you should turn your wheel very little, there's some corners in some tracks where turning the wheel a lot at full speed and making those tyres turn yellow colour atually helps (HungaroRing), and with cars with lower degrees of rotation this might become a little inconvenience since you might exceed the virtual wheel rotation, giving you some trouble when returning to the working degree zone of the wheel.

Stuff like this that continues to be ignored or not dealt with, and of course their insistence, probably stubbornness, of not explaining point by point part by part in the UI what parts do in the tuning section of the car, is one of those things that irritates me about Aris and company so much from the beginning. Come on the game is two years old and you didn't even bother with a proper explanatory UI in the tuning section?, ....

Last edited:
I had the exact same error.
Is your graphics card overclocked (either from manufacturer or by you)? If so a common "fix", or workaround if you will, is to downclock the graphics card by a small amount. I downclocked mine by 100MHz and that fixed the issue.

I know it sounds random and weird, but it actually works. I tried a couple of times to set the clock back to default, but it didn't take long in ACC before that crash happened again. If I kept it at 100MHz below the default clock the error never happened again. This was on my old 1080 Ti.
Nope, I didn't overclock my GPU. I'm not a tech geek so everything is bog standard in that respect. Using GTX860M.

Someone just replied to my post in the official forums, apparently ACC now requires minimum Windows 10 version 20H2 to work. I'm still on 1909 because the last time I tried updating, I wasted 18 hours and it failed at 99% installing so I'm not keen to try it again soon. I've never heard of a game update needing a corresponding update in OS version to work. It's madness :boggled:

Last edited:
Nope, I didn't overclock my GPU. I'm not a tech geek so everything is bog standard in that respect. Using GTX860M.

Someone just replied to my post in the official forums, apparently ACC now requires minimum Windows 10 version 20H2 to work. I'm still on 1909 because the last time I tried updating, I wasted 18 hours and it failed at 99% installing so I'm not keen to try it again soon. I've never heard of a game update needing a corresponding update in OS version to work. It's madness :boggled:
Apparently it's because version 4.26 of the Unreal engine requires 20H2. If so there's not a whole lot Kunos can do about it (other than notify users about it, as you said in your post over there).

Last edited:

More common than you might think, Visual C++ Redistribuables have dependencies on various Windows Updates.

Just for fun I decided to turn down the TC to TC1 (TC2 I'll test later - still at 3) on my 991 GTR II last night and I was blown away at how much a positive difference it made to the car! I was driving at Donnington and my lap time went from 1:29.810 to 1:28.670 in about an hour. I am using a Dave's Academy tune that I slightly modified (lowered the rear of the car to 65mm and tweaked the tire psi a tiny bit). But the way I could tackle that hard downhill right ( I think turn 4?) was astonishing that first time through, so much more agile. My first thought was 'WOAH', then my immediate second thought was, 'that felt a bit like Gran Turismo' physics. That is mostly because I've been battling this car for over a year now here and there and it finally felt like it came to life for me and did exactly what I wanted just like I'm used to in GT.

I also have been battling the CC rating and thinking something wasn't quite right because my CN is at 94 IIRC and unless I'm wrong, you can't have one without the other; if I can't control the car, I won't be consistent and visa versa. I normally have the ratings set to Multiplayer Only cause I couldn't make sense of the CC rating. So right now it feels like the TC was causing the lower CC ratings. I did finish off my session with an online qualy just to see how I stacked up and was within .4 of the top time at Donnington for that session. I did take a peak at my session rating from the qualifier and it was a nice tall green bar with basically no red bar. So I should be able to improve that 88 CC rating.

Jerome

Last edited:
Just for fun I decided to turn down the TC to TC1 (TC2 I'll test later - still at 3) on my 991 GTR II last night and I was blown away at how much a positive difference it made to the car! I was driving at Donnington and my lap time went from 1:29.810 to 1:28.670 in about an hour. I am using a Dave's Academy tune that I slightly modified (lowered the rear of the car to 65mm and tweaked the tire psi a tiny bit). But the way I could tackle that hard downhill right ( I think turn 4?) was astonishing that first time through, so much more agile. My first thought was 'WOAH', then my immediate second thought was, 'that felt a bit like Gran Turismo' physics. That is mostly because I've been battling this car for over a year now here and there and it finally felt like it came to life for me and did exactly what I wanted just like I'm used to in GT.

I also have been battling the CC rating and thinking something wasn't quite right because my CN is at 94 IIRC and unless I'm wrong, you can't have one without the other; if I can't control the car, I won't be consistent and visa versa. I normally have the ratings set to Multiplayer Only cause I couldn't make sense of the CC rating. So right now it feels like the TC was causing the lower CC ratings. I did finish off my session with an online qualy just to see how I stacked up and was within .4 of the top time at Donnington for that session. I did take a peak at my session rating from the qualifier and it was a nice tall green bar with basically no red bar. So I should be able to improve that 88 CC rating.

Jerome
I've found lowering the rear on that car saves a lot of spins, but too much increases understeer. Really fun car though. It's still a bit dangerous through Eau Rouge for me, never quite got that nailed, but then again, I don't really tune in ACC so that would probably help lol

kjb
Does anybody know if the new physics will make it to next gen console update?
I haven't heard, however when they ported ACC to consoles initially, they were a few versions back. We'll see.
I've found lowering the rear on that car saves a lot of spins, but too much increases understeer. Really fun car though. It's still a bit dangerous through Eau Rouge for me, never quite got that nailed, but then again, I don't really tune in ACC so that would probably help lol
I love the car cause it's more challenging. My first couple hours on Zolder when I first started were not pretty :lol: But I've grown to love to drive it, it really keeps me in-line and avoid bad habits. The negative side is I tend to be conservative when driving other cars. So I have just stuck to this one only.

Jerome

Last edited:
kjb
Does anybody know if the new physics will make it to next gen console update?
I will be very surprised if v1.8 and subsequent hotfixes will not come to next gen consoles. It's a significant update.

I think it's time I change my racing shoes, I think I gave myself planter fasciitis in my right foot this weekend from my last session : /. Hopefully in a couple more days after I get some inserts for my arches, etc.

Jerome

Am I right in assuming that any setup presets made in, say, November last year, will drive/ feel different now?

I haven't driven since November and today had to resort to the factory aggressive preset rather than use my own 'cause the latter handled like ass.

I've a feeling that the plethora of presets I came up with last year are all gonna count for nought now. If this is the case, I'll not bother to tweak and save them anymore and just go with the aggressive default.

Am I right in assuming that any setup presets made in, say, November last year, will drive/ feel different now?

I haven't driven since November and today had to resort to the factory aggressive preset rather than use my own 'cause the latter handled like ass.

I've a feeling that the plethora of presets I came up with last year are all gonna count for nought now. If this is the case, I'll not bother to tweak and save them anymore and just go with the aggressive default.
Yeah I’m pretty much back at square 1, all of my setups seem messed up.

Thanks man; good to know it wasn't just me.

Between all the time I put into setups for different cars on different tracks and tweaking graphics settings in-game and on an old, borrowed PC in an effort to minimise frame skipping, I'm now super-deflated and feel like that was all an effort in-vain.

I'm betting and hoping that when I manage to get my hands on a PS5 (originally mainly for GT7), I'll be able to enjoy ACC sans all this BS tweaking. I just wanna drive.

Back