How do you approach A-Spec Expert events?

  • Thread starter Thread starter chuyler1
  • 4 comments
  • 540 views

chuyler1

Premium
Messages
4,547
United States
New Hampshire
Messages
chuyler1
Take "Schwarzwald League A" for example. The description says the competition will be driving German 190-215bhp cars. I picked my bone stock 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II '91. This car was quick compared to most of the pack but made for some fun driving to get to the front. However the Opel Speedster came up from behind with unbelievable power. I held him off for a while but eventually he got around me and took off down the track.

What do you do in this case? Do you mod your car, make it more lightweight and add better tires?

Do you just pick a car that blows away the competition?

Do you do your best to block the one fast car in the pack from getting around you?

Personally, I don't enjoy driving out in front the entire race. I like some challenge, but when a car comes up from behind like its on rails, I'm at a loss as to what I should do to keep things interesting.
 
If I like the car I'm driving, I may tune or bump it up a bit for another go at it. If I'm not crazy about the car I've got, I'll switch, and maybe put some better tires on it.

First things I do are typically tuning the suspension a bit, and taking a little weight off the car.
 
Put on better tires and lighten it a bit if I can usually
 
always always go for racing soft tyres, i can beat cars with 100 hp more in a car with good tyres and suspension, power isnt everything
 
I tend to tune a car for an event then loan it out to my friends if they are having trouble with an event.
 
Back