How do you choose your cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AnfieldLFC252
  • 25 comments
  • 1,634 views
Messages
42
United Kingdom
Out of this world
I was wondering, what is it that you look for in a car which makes you decide "Yeah, that's the one for me".

Is it the looks, the top speed or the weight or a combination of some or all? Do you consider the power-weight ratio or the torque/gearing set up.
 
Oh ok i thought this was a question on how to actually change cars in GT6... Phew...

Well i generally choose my car based on appearance, because i enjoy the photo taking aspect of GT.
 
I was wondering, what is it that you look for in a car which makes you decide "Yeah, that's the one for me".

Is it the looks, the top speed or the weight or a combination of some or all? Do you consider the power-weight ratio or the torque/gearing set up.
I go through a checklist. It also depends on if I'm buying a cruiser, or trying to win a career race.

Career race:

Is it fast?
Is it going to be stable?
Will it require much tuning to make stable, or to get fast enough?

For cruisers I really just bought all the classic muscle cars, so... :lol:
 
I use cars that i used in GT5. but when they don't feel like i need, i go for another one.
Example:
For Online A-spec 650 pp suzuka i used the Zonda-R, but something i did not like.
I used the pescarolo hybrid in gt5 a lot, awesome car, great handeling
and i liked it more, even with turbo 3 it had great handeling.

In GT6, the Pescarolo hybrid with turbo is a monster, spinning wheels at almost every gear change.
so i looked for a car with the same weight but less HP, after doing the 15th annivers Spa challenge, i found out that the Audi R18 15th annivers was a great car, so i bought the audi R18 team joest for my youtube clips, not everbody has the 15th Annivers edition.
Untill i came up some races, were this car was too powerfull.
again looking, and tried the Audi R10 TDI.
Great car for the Super licence endurance races, handling good on wet track with race-soft tires.

So some cars i use because i used them in GT5.
and others by specs, weight, power, pp value.

if i did not find the car, i went to the "recommended" car section and choose one from there.
I bought tthe HSV gt, but could not paint it.So i bought also the HSV gt base model, and that one i could paint.

And off course for a season online event, i check the number 1, and sometimes buy the same car.
lately i buy cars that are used by GTP members in the Season event topics.
But only if i like the car.
 
It's dreamcar related for me.
What would I like to own in real life?
Someone on GTPlanet might praise a certain car for a certain race, so I might buy that one.
Then it's the need to complete a race car.

I made sure I got the anni. edition, which was an eyeopner for several cars I would never have bought.

So who knows, maybe there will be a Detomaso GT5 in GT7. Fingers crossed :)
 
I choose cars by engine sound and if the car is simplified or not.
Simplified cars is banned from my garage and i'm really upset about the Ford GT40 Race Car 1969 to 20.000.000 so historic, beautiful and expensive car is SIMPLIFIED :( :eek:
But the Ford Mark IV Race Car 1967 is a good alternative :)

This is the cars i prefer, they sound ok, they are all from different car manufacturers and they are all detailed :)


Toyota Camry M&M #18 Kyle Bush 2013
Nissan GT-R Black Edition 2012
Honda HSV-010 KEIHIN 2012
Subaru BRZ Sport R&D 2012
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 2012
Renault Mégane R.S Trophy 2011
Lotus Elise 2011
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG 2010
Peugeot 908 HDI FAP Team Peugeot Total 2010
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) 2009
Tesla Motors Roadster 2008
Citroën C4 WRC 2008
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M SCP 1999
McLaren F1 1994
Lancia Delta Integrale Evoluzione 1991
Ferrari 512 BB 1976
Dodge Challenger R/T 1970
Ford MK IV 1967
Gran Turismo Racing Kart Junior
Gran Turismo Racing Kart 100
Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125
Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 Shifter
 
Last edited:
It's always a tough decision. To make it easier I made a flowchart that I can follow:


FLOWCHART.png
 
If the car can rev past 9000 rpm, then I want the car.
If the car's power and torque band is close to the rev limit, then I want the car.

I am a sucker for high horsepower, low torque engines.
Bonus points for small engine displacement.
 
I chose cars based on what I have driven in previous GT games and enjoyed the drive. Really what ultimately keeps the car in my garage though is, is it fun to drive? If it is I keep it, if not I sell it. I'm also a sucker for historic race cars, Ferraris, BMWs, hot hatches, small sedans and anything rally so those tend to be the cars I go for first.
 
For me it's just a few things.

The very first thing is would I be proud to own the car in real life? Does it look good? How would it make feel if I owned one in real life?

Second. Is it competitive? If it was up to me i would be online every day running the nurb in a C6 or C7 corvette. But I can't. You don't win in corvettes. They are just to slow to cause a real threat to anyone that knows the ring. You will never win in a competitive room.

Third. Is it too good? You won't find me out there in a 111r or an 02 NSX. It's too easy to win. And when you happen to win a high number of races, it's frowned upon to use such cars anyway. Miura cough.

That's about it. Happy racing.

My most commonly used car is the rx7 Spirit R. Capable of winning 99 percent of the time while still not being labeled an OP or cheater car. There are regular running Nurburgring rooms running 500pp sport tires one Lappers. Full rooms. Clean racing. Consistently. Give it a shot :)
 
Last edited:
I eliminate karts, pickup trucks SUVs and God forbid anything NASCAR. None of those should be here in the first place. And that still leaves plenty of "CARS" to purchase. HAPPY HAPPY !!
 
Detailed interior, capable of high horsepower once tuned, exterior can be modified, looks good
 
For me it's just a few things.

The very first thing is would I be proud to own the car in real life? Does it look good? How would it make feel if I owned one in real life?

Second. Is it competitive? If it was up to me i would be online every day running the nurb in a C6 or C7 corvette. But I can't. You don't win in corvettes. They are just to slow to cause a real threat to anyone that knows the ring. You will never win in a competitive room.:)

I don't know what you're doing wrong but both of my C7's are front runners in any 600-650PP room. And that's with out ABS. They'll do 225MPH+ down that back straight at Nurburgring with ease.
 
Looks and history. I bought the Datsun 510 because of its history and good looks, even though it is a standard. I've only seen one other driver on GT6 with a 510 and he was a random in a Car Show lobby. Good chap.
 
Come run with us sometime.. Good luck in a corvette.
 
I will try once I get my PS3 (160 GB FAT) to read disc's again. The laser that reads the disc is not operating properly.
 
I look at the price, cry a little, and then buy it. I also just buy random cars just because I'm curious.
 
I buy all RX7's ftw. No seroiusly though a 1st gen Rx7 was my first car and I've had the rotary bug ever since so for me I use Rx7's or an Rx8 or 787b everwhere I can. For other races I'll find a car that I can use for more races than just one, say for instance the VW Sirroco that I could use for FWD, German and the hot hatch race. For others I may just try to use a car I've won so I don't have to spend money on a car I'll use just once. Others are just cars I've always liked in real life like the '78 Trans Am, IROC Camaro, Mitsu EVO or Nissan 240z. I prefer light weight cars to mega horsepower cars with the same pp rating mostly.
 
I randomly bought all the Super GT base models last weekend. Don't even know why.
 
Is it an S2000?
If not:
Does it look cool?
Is it something I might buy in reality?
Is it a race car?
Is it unique and or a curiosity?
 
For me it comes down to a few things.
1.Is it real?
2.Do I want to drive it in real life. (which is a yes for almost any car)
3.Does it fit the needs for what I want to use it for?
4. Looks.
5. Controllability.
 
What ULTRAVIOLENZZ said in post 2. The car chooses me... ;)
 
The unusual, unloved, crappy, low powered lightweights or just old/classics. I like to beat the AI or time and drift trials in daft or unlikely cars :lol:.

If it's for a rare online race, I'll aim to be a bit more competitive (sometimes) and use cars from established tuners.
 
Now I am working on potential top speed tunes, finding both successes and failures doing so.
 
Back