How do you develop tunes for spec multiplayer?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
breeminator
breeminator
I was watching a streamer do a multiplayer spec Forza GT race, and thought I'd see how my times compare by using the same car (Viper) in rivals, and I was miles off their pace. I looked for tunes, and it was immediately obvious that there are lots of shared tunes at 833 PI, whereas the car is at 808 PI after resetting to stock. I can't see anywhere to set the build to "spec", so how are we supposed to develop tunes for multiplayer, can it only be done from within a multiplayer session?

Go into MP, go to Tune, and Save the default spec tune. You can then exit, load that tune on your own, modify it, and save it as a new MP-legal tune.
It's tedious as hell and really not well thought out but it works.

Go into MP, go to Tune, and Save the default spec tune. You can then exit, load that tune on your own, modify it, and save it as a new MP-legal tune.
It's tedious as hell and really not well thought out but it works.
Thanks. I don't know if this is a new problem since the update to allow car points to be bought, but if the spec build requires car points that you don't have, it won't let you buy the car points, and won't let you save the tune. However, as soon as you select a car in spec multiplayer, it auto saves a tune called Autosave SeriesSpecTune, so what I did was to just go through all the cars from left to right, selecting them one after the other, and then after leaving they all have that autosave tune that can be loaded and modified, and when you load it outside multiplayer it lets you buy the car points to apply it.

Back