How do you feel about having to "wait" for this and that?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FishHunters
  • 26 comments
  • 1,886 views
Messages
1,973
United States
Florida - USA
Messages
Flsurffisher
In our discussions about GT6 there's a lot of "Oh, that's coming in an update at some point."
B-Spec
Vettle Challenge
X2014
and on and on.

So how do you feel that we're asked to wait for those things and more? Should they have been put into the game at the release point? Personally, I can see having to wait on DLC, but in a way this smells like GT5 taking so long to release and not being ready when it was released. Is this going to be the new way of doing buisness going forward???
 
In our discussions about GT6 there's a lot of "Oh, that's coming in an update at some point."
B-Spec
Vettle Challenge
X2014
and on and on.

So how do you feel that we're asked to wait for those things and more? Should they have been put into the game at the release point? Personally, I can see having to wait on DLC, but in a way this smells like GT5 taking so long to release and not being ready when it was released. Is this going to be the new way of doing buisness going forward???

So basically you're asking for the game to be released next year. How does that lead to less waiting?
 
I'd rather have a release now and for PD to be working on updates, tweaking and extras than wait until next summer and then still be waiting for tweaks, updates and extras :lol:

Seriously, something like GT will never be complete, there will always be room for improvements and extra content. So why wait to start the ball rolling?
 
Actually on the PC this is already the new way of doing business. Their are alot of games coming out as "early access" or whatever its called. where they are known not to be finished yet and updates come as they make them till the game is considered finished. Like that new racing game for PC Assetto Corsa and Kerbal Space Program. i can see it being new to console players. but with the PS4 seemingly going in a digital way(i don't have one yet) i can see the the consoles going the same way as the PC.

I like the idea its has worked on the 3 or so games on the PC i have played as a "work in progress" as long as the console developers keep the updates free then i don't see a problem. and that's the way it was with GT5
 
I don't mind it either, sure I would like to have it all now but I would much rather have the game as is now and wait for the additions than to wait for the game. I have really enjoyed playing thus far and look forward to future updates/additions.
 
I'm cool with the way they have it planned. Just consider the way events and license tests etc have unlocked as you progress - that's like a foretaste of more new things to do when the updates start arriving. We have one due this month and possibly two in January according to PD.
 
I think it's the wrong approach to game development. By the time B-Spec comes there probably will be little incentive to use it as everyone has completed everything in A-Spec. I guess it depends on how much people need to grind.
 
I'm pretty much fine with it. There's not a lot coming I really care about, so I'm not even really bothered by my expectation that half of it never arrives. Improved online options would be nice, and I think that's about it for my future update wishlist.

Unlike last time, I'm very much happy with the product that PD has put out as is. They've packed a lot more fun into this box at launch than they did last time, largely by making their between race experience less annoying to deal with. It's like GT6 remembered it was all supposed to be fun.

A week ago, I fully expected that I would be complaining about this game, but I'm just not.
 
I do wish these options and features were on the disc/available at launch. The thing is, I'm kind of a videogame collector and I always play my old games once in a while and years from now if I want to play GT6 again, it will be the gimped day one edition with so much missing content. I just don't like the fact that the full game is now dependent on me having a consistent internet connection and always having access to the servers that hold these patches. If PD/Sony shuts the servers down the features are lost forever. I appreciate continued support of a game but when a big chunk of features aren't available at launch without a timeframe as to when they will be released.. I wouldn't say I like that at all.. :guilty:
 
I think it was a good strategy from PD to release the game at this stage. We are now working for them finding bugs and other glitches. They will have time to fix the minor errors before the big update planned for December and January.
 
No problem here with anticipating future updates as, ultimately, GT6-for all it's successes and faults-is an achievement.

You're still playing a modern marvel of science, art, and engineering that would be humbling for many of the posters here had they stopped to think that there was a time when pong and Pacman were revolutionary. Enjoy the game for what it is, expectations take us all out of the present moment anyway...enjoy what is here now.

No livery editor...go race. Moon missions...just get it done and appreciate our shared human history that enables us to even have a moon race. Your favorite car isn't in the game...code it yourself and acquire the rights to license it on your dime.

Some will critique ad nauseum, the rest of us will enjoy what we have knowing that an entire history of PD development most likely points to continued support and updates for a fan base that is loyal (read: GT sales are among the very highest for the entire system).
 
Last edited:
If it extends the life of the game and creates added interest then no problem at all :)
 
I think it's the wrong approach to game development. By the time B-Spec comes there probably will be little incentive to use it as everyone has completed everything in A-Spec. I guess it depends on how much people need to grind.
There are always plenty of cars to make re-visting the career mode worthwhile, so it's not just a question of needing to grind that would have folks going back.
 
Well I'm disappointed. It seems integral parts of the game are missing. Like B-spec. I don't have time to grind. If I get on then I'm on to race. I want my Bobs earning cash so I can build my garage and add parts to my cars for the sole purpose of racing. If I don't have those things then its interfering with my enjoyment of the game. I don't want to have to "blast" through career mode to increase my earnings factor. I want to enjoy the races a little at a time.
 
It bothers me honestly, it's essentially glorified teasing imo, either deliver the content on time/at release, or say nothing (so we don't get our hopes up) and then surprise us when it is added, I'd rather that than knowing/waiting, I'm no longer a student or what-have-you with loads of free-time to kill, like @FishHunters said, if I'm on it's for enjoyment, not to grind and put up with the BS.
 
I don't mind waiting but I do hope they pay close attention to the needs and likes of their community. If they read these forums they may have a better idea of what we want. You just never know what PD is going to do.
 
In our discussions about GT6 there's a lot of "Oh, that's coming in an update at some point."
B-Spec
Vettle Challenge
X2014
and on and on.

So how do you feel that we're asked to wait for those things and more? Should they have been put into the game at the release point? Personally, I can see having to wait on DLC, but in a way this smells like GT5 taking so long to release and not being ready when it was released. Is this going to be the new way of doing buisness going forward???

Mixed.
On one hand I feel it gives developers the freedom to release unfinished games, but at the same time it lets them to continually support the product after release.
This is how it's going to be from now on, might as well get used to it.
 
I don't mind waiting but I do hope they pay close attention to the needs and likes of their community. If they read these forums they may have a better idea of what we want. You just never know what PD is going to do.

This. The game is what you make it, and I like the testing/ tuning aspect of the game. I'd rather tune for an event than just blast through the career and say the game sucks.

It seems like there are 2 general types of people that bought the game:
-The ones like me that like what is currently included and are enjoying it until new things are added
-Then there's the ones that are doing the minimum amount of races to get to the next set of races and saying they completed the game in a day, when they don't have every race/ event completed
 
You mean like we had to in GT5? It's fine.
 
I don't mind having to wait since in GT6 what was present day one is pretty high quality. I do wish they would update their customers more often on what we can expect from the future additions. We still don't know what to expect from the Senna DLC. The feature I want to know most about is the course creator and unfortunately we don't know much about how it works
 
How do I feel about this?
I feel better than I would if I had to wait more for the whole game.
 
Back