How DO you get a 1969 Dodge Charger to 250mph+?

AngelCreator
AngelCreator
Yes I know what you are going to say, "You need to find out on your own" or
"It's all in the gearing". Well I know that it takes more then just changing the gears.
So I ask what are the settings to make the 1969 Dodge Charger go 250MPH+?

I thankyou for your time:bowdown:.
James

Yes I know what you are going to say, "You need to find out on your own" or
"It's all in the gearing". Well I know that it takes more then just changing the gears.
So I ask what are the settings to make the 1969 Dodge Charger go 250MPH+?

I thankyou for your time:bowdown:.
James

Just a guess here, since I don't have a 360 to try anything with right now.

Maximum power, only the aero mods that increase speed, all other mods (suspension, tranny, etc.). Get the lightest wheels and keep the smallest size.

The suspension probably needs to be near the minimum height, but raise it if its hitting the bump stops. No camber or toe, not sure if caster would have any effect. Then play with the gears so sixth winds up at 250mph. I'd make first go 120mph or more, then make the other gears very short.

See what that gets you.

heres a tip, look at your telemetry ( up on d-pad) and look at which rpm you hit maximum power, gear it so that you have near maximum power for the longest duration

That wasn't a very helpful post, now was it?

Nope, but let's not forget how many tracks there are where you can demonstrate 250mph. I'm thinking maybe 2, most likely 1 within control.

But, seeing as it means so much, I'll look into it.

Maybe he justs wants his 1969 hunk of Detroit steel going faster than Germany's state of the art Veyron?

Maybe he justs wants his 1969 hunk of Detroit steel going faster than Germany's state of the art Veyron?

Well, it'd be quite difficult to begin with. I've tried u999 Camaro and just got 198mph on Nurburgring's straight-away. Seems like quite the daunting task, if you ask me.

Well, it'd be quite difficult to begin with. I've tried u999 Camaro and just got 198mph on Nurburgring's straight-away. Seems like quite the daunting task, if you ask me.

maybe not that daunting. the charger with the motor swap, can be built to over 1050 hp, without any setting changes, i got it to 241. with tuning, and tinkering im sure it can be done

EDIT: and make sure you go backwards down the straight (its downhill)

maybe not that daunting. the charger with the motor swap, can be built to over 1050 hp, without any setting changes, i got it to 241. with tuning, and tinkering im sure it can be done

EDIT: and make sure you go backwards down the straight (its downhill)

Yeah, I've been working on a project RX-7, so it'll be a bit before I get to it.

Ok I will try some of the ideas, because when on Forza 2 racing online with other
people on Nissan Speedway and there Chargers are going 250+ I ask them how
do you get your car to do that they say "It's a secret". Why is it a secret?

It's easy to get it to go 250.. Mine goes 254. ^^; Pretend you are making a Wheelie setup and make the suspension really loose basically.
Then make the gears really wide.. Keep all Driving AIDS off and there you go.... 254... and when I hit 254.. i crashed into a wall.. I started all the way back to where the first corner is on Nur' ;P

My speed on my charger says like 7.1 or something.. I'm not looking at it ATM... but... i find it out how it can go that fast and its not 10.0 like my Corvette Grand Sport...

Buy a GT40 if you want to walk all over Chargers :)

So I take it that the TT S7s and and TT Enzos don't dominate this time around at top speed? Instead its Detroit's Finest of the 60s-70s? :lol:

GsGxInuyasha
It's easy to get it to go 250.. Mine goes 254. ^^; Pretend you are making a Wheelie setup and make the suspension really loose basically.
Then make the gears really wide.. Keep all Driving AIDS off and there you go.... 254... and when I hit 254.. i crashed into a wall.. I started all the way back to where the first corner is on Nur' ;P

Ok, I know you can do that to get cars on GT4 to have higher top speed as well.
I will give it a try and see how it go's, if you have the settings you used that would be a big help:).

MistaX
Buy a GT40 if you want to walk all over Chargers

Yes I know, but I want to get the Charger to go that fast first.

the GT40 is quite the beast :scared:

I hate it. I hate that it's the absolute fastest car and there's NOTHING faster.

Due to the GT40 I've entirely quit racing street cars on Nissan Speedway, and only race R class cars with force stock on.

There's just no point to it.

I hate it. I hate that it's the absolute fastest car and there's NOTHING faster.

Due to the GT40 I've entirely quit racing street cars on Nissan Speedway, and only race R class cars with force stock on.

There's just no point to it.

thats true, nissan speedway dosent exist to me. i usually only do nurburgring with r1's

My Charger goes 239.4....:(

Also, you could just mess around w/ the gearing on the GT40.... That would make it faster than anything.

Back