How do you handle January....

• Thread starter dazzi
  • 20 comments
dazzi45
Hello everyone :P, Im not sure if many hate January as much as I do... but if you do, how do you think good about it :P.

If you don't know what I mean.... I mean being joyful that you have got a break from Work and Uni, spending Christmas with family and friends and having a great time... only to have January come, work start again and knowing that you are a full year from experiencing the fun again....

Be happy that you enjoy those periods. There are many people that do not enjoy Christmas at all.

I love it by the way.

I've got 4 birthdays at the end of January/start of February to buy presents for, just after buying everyone Christmas presents. I love being skint for 2 months straight :irked:

But there are still so many public holidays at this time of year, especially for us Australians.:odd: Plus I don't know where you're working, but where I work we're only closed the public holidays over Christmas anyway.

I hate January as well. Cold, windy and dark. I found that going to the gym sort of helped out the depression that is the middle of winter.

January is fine by me , I expect it to be Cold , dark and horrible .

March is the Month that really does my head in though , seems to take forever to get to the Clocks Changing thing to get some decent daylight back :grumpy:

This year I decided to get a troop of us to a local Ice Hockey game so we have something to look forward to to pull the month through faster.

Im not a big fan either, at least with the previous months we had something to look forward to and the cold weather doesnt marr this, but January is cold and rainy and doenst lead to anything good, once over Febuary is ok because its only a month till my birthday and its getting better weather so happiness picks up.

I man up and take it in my stride. There are so many people out there who are having a much worse time than me that I consider myself lucky and just get on with it.

I'm 50/50... The good thing is I get to meet all of my friends again at school, less school work, less extra classes and so many other things. But the downside is, no more holidays, not much time left for internet, need to wake up early every single day and so on.

Guess I really need to get used to it all over again...

I handle it badly...
Prelims at the start of February so I had probably better get revising.
On the plus side, I just realised that I only have 5 months left in full time education then I am out into the big, bad world...
highfive_Borat.gif

:D

I don't like Christmas. January is the opening of ski season though... so... yea... January rules.

I don't see January's arrival as the problem. I see the long break as the problem. I got nearly a month and a half off between quarters, all spent dealing with holiday traffic and being cold as hell. Christmas holidays aren't important enough to me to warrant that long of a break. Give two weeks to take a trip, stay up late, sleep in, drink, party, relax. Then I'd be glad to spend the rest of the frigid winter indoors, in school, and I wouldn't even have forgotten my math formulas.

Like someone said before, man up. Though I get to go to school this semester which is good.

Here in Greece every month is January. Wages are falling, prices are elevating. I read in a newspaper 2011 will be the toughest year since 1944. Alright...

January's a good month, my hockey starts up again after stopping before Christmas, and I have playoffs relatively soon. And exams happen in January, which I don't mind, and with exams comes the 5 day weekend (school takes extra exam days in case of snow days).

My birthday's in late January - so that's what I look forward too.
Oh, and the fact that it's summer holidays :lol:

Well now I have to start studying for my junior cert in June which is a shame but I can look forward to my birthday which is Febuary 7th(same as Jordan by the way). I guess the FA cup starting gets me through it and the fact that it's just over 2 months till f1 starts up again with the teams all ready to show us their cars.

Back