How do you know what Top Split is in GT7?

England
England
Hi,

How do you know what lap time is considered to be topsplit in GT7?

I've recently got into sim Racing and want something to aim towards, i.e Rookie to Topsplit type of situation.

Is there an easy way to figure out what is considered topsplit in GT7? Is it called something other than top split?

Thank you for your time, and hope you're all doing well!

Keep Purple,

CircuitRacer

If by top split you mean a world class, top tier time, only way to find out is to do research.

In Sport mode you can easily find out by just checking the worldwide leaderboard, though.

Hi,

How do you know what lap time is considered to be topsplit in GT7?

I've recently got into sim Racing and want something to aim towards, i.e Rookie to Topsplit type of situation.

Is there an easy way to figure out what is considered topsplit in GT7? Is it called something other than top split?

Thank you for your time, and hope you're all doing well!

Keep Purple,

CircuitRacer
Are you talking about the daily races?

You recognize the names. And there are many A+.

See you there!

When you enter an online race, you are paired with other people of similar DR. Each "group" of people, ranked by DR, in a specific race in a specific time slot is called a split. Top Split means that you're in the fastest group for that race in that time slot.

Generally, when people use the term to refer to pace or laptime, they mean that it's fast enough to be competetive in top split, but it's pretty nebulous, it's not an exact term. For one, the top splits vary depending on the race. Usually, the GTWS races are going to be much more competetive because thats how you qualify for the world finals, so more of the fastest guys are gonna show up for that. Then in daily races, I would say typically Race C > B > A in terms of competetiveness. Then you also have to factor in region, usually EMEA is the most competitive region, then Asia-Oceania, then the Americas.

As a very general rule of thumb, I would say doing qualifying laps in the top 100 or so in the global rankings would probably be "top split" in most cases, but again that's just a rule of thumb. A GTWS race in EMEA might have 16 of the top 30-35 drivers in the world in it, so a #90 global ranked qualifying lap wouldn't even be close to competetive in top split. On the other hand in the US at 3am on daily race A you might be in top split with a B driver rating and a qualifying lap not even in the top 1000 in the world. It just depends.

Back