How do you know when to repair?

  • Thread starter Thread starter VanderbroTT
  • 6 comments
  • 1,120 views
Messages
241
Messages
VanderbroTT
So my car's performance is perfect, hasn't changed since the day I first used it (except for breaking the engine in, which gained a half dozen hp), but in GT Auto it says I need to repair the chassis and allows for an engine overhaul.

What I don't understand is why it tells me this when there is obviously nothing wrong with the car. How do I really know when the engine needs an overhaul if it always says it needs an overhaul? Same with chassis...

BTW the car has about 500km on it.

Thank you.
 
I wouldn't worry about it until it's blatantly obvious that something is wrong with your car's performance, ie: oil lights, skittish handling, sluggish acceleration, etc.

👍
 
Cool, thanks. Also, I'm pretty sure the indicator that's a triangle with an exclamation mark in it is the engine light...Has anyone seen it light up? And did it take a lot of mileage? Perhaps I should be waiting for that before I do an engine overhaul?

All help is appreciated.
 
My oil light is on my MR2 Turbo and it's done around 40,000KM but just leaving it for now!
 
Everything in the GT Auto section is to be taken with a pinch of salt?
 
Back