How do you like the cinematography of the replays ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter profi
  • 15 comments
  • 1,220 views
Messages
589
Messages
GTP_Profi
Messages
Whats this?
Compared to GT4 i dont think it is good..

It was mentioned somewhere that PD tried to make it more like a TV-Broadcast.

In GT4 you could see some of the cameras were moving, panning and zooming at the same time. Now it seems that the cameras positions are fixed (as in real-life) as they only zoom and pan.

What i dislike here is that they switch from settings where the car doesnt even fit into the screen anymore (big zoom) to some where the car is shown far away on the track (small zoom).

That makes the replays kind of chopped.

Also there are far less cameras in GT5:P than in GT4.

I know its Prologue and theres a big chance they get it better in the full release.
 
Can't say that i watch the replays so i don't know how they look but an option to watch on-line races would be cool
 
Can't say that i watch the replays so i don't know how they look but an option to watch on-line races would be cool

Of course this option has to be in the full game...
 
I love the replays in GT5P, I use to watch more replays in GT5P then entire GT4, and I have GT4 since day 1. Just last night my brother was watching a GT4 replay, and I told myself, man the GT5P have a lot better camera angles. I love how cars now are more zoomed out so you can see the more of the other cars being next and little away from you. In GT4 I think its too much zoomed in, and sometimes the camera can miss your nice taking of another car.
 
i think it's pretty similar to replays in previous GT games.. i would like more real-world like camera movement, for example as if the camera is attached to a car that is driving in front of my car or to the side
 
I love the replays, nice shots but it could be little more random. Like it more then GT4 replays it feels beter. Would be nice if you could make youre own replay camera shots in GT5.
 
The replays are good, but I think some of the camera angles are a little over the top though.

For instance, there is one on the back straight at Daytona that starts out by the side of the car and then zooms and finally pans out to a height that has the camera man rubbing shoulders with the Goodyear blimp! It would also be interesting to see how the cameraman manage dto get that high, and so quickly! ;)

It is because of those fast sweeping camera angles, that I have lost the ability to study my driving style. Its hard to do anything but gawp, when the cameraman has got a 'super' on his chest!
 
Camera crains? camera's on wires (seen at F1 races) with out camera man ;) should be more different replay modes (tv,like its now,stoned (with the colours like gt4!)) haha
 
Camera crains? camera's on wires (seen at F1 races) with out camera man ;) should be more different replay modes (tv,like its now,stoned (with the colours like gt4!)) haha

A camera crane all the way up to 500 feet yeah? Or a on a wire (aka zip line) attached to the Goodyear blimp?

I don't want to say this (because I just know I'll be proved wrong again), but... I've yet to see a camera crain :sly: that can go so high as to capture almost the whole track within its lens.

Right I said it. Now who is going to prove me wrong!? :sly:
 
I would like to have an option for which replay views are displayed. One option would be Simulation (all camera fixed on the sides of the tracks.) and Standard (Cinematic twist)
 
Camera crain no :P not 'the' daytona shot
Helicopter camera maybe? haha
 
i find myself watching the replays more often on GT5P than I have with GT4. The cars look fantastic and in spite of the few video glitches that hopefully will be fixed in the upcoming update and the final version, the sense or speed and the camera angle is just awesome.
 
i find myself watching the replays more often on GT5P than I have with GT4. The cars look fantastic and in spite of the few video glitches that hopefully will be fixed in the upcoming update and the final version, the sense or speed and the camera angle is just awesome.

Same here.. I've been racing the F40 for 4 hours tonight - And I do not get tired of watching that car go by.. Just seeing the redder than red Recaros in the car - Awesome !...
 
I think GT5p replays are much better. Like the motion blur effect, wideangle views, trackside cameras in the grass, helicopter views and especially High Speed Ring camera where car is going fast and in the background sky reflects in the dam, I starred with open mouth to that. Notice that cameras are now more variable, GT4 is repeating same cameras after two or three laps, but for example Eiger Nordwand repeats cameras as late as in the sixth lap I think.
 
I love them to bits. The reasons why some people may find them now a bit boring was that in a interview with PD they said that they were making less extreme replays to capture the action as they didn't need to as there are 16 cars on track there is usually plenty of action involved in one pan of the camera. So therefore the reasons for the replays.

However, I like them what I always think is that if those are the replays I can't wait to see what I can do with photomode using them in the full GT5.
 
Back