How do you make endurance races fun?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr. Boy
  • 9 comments
  • 819 views
Messages
676
Messages
ham_vet001
In my first attempt at completing GT4, I B-Speced all of the races. I only drove if Bob messed up. In GT2 and GT3, I always used a car way faster than the competition. Which made it very boring.

I'm on my second whack at GT4, and I plan to A-Spec some endurances. I want them to be exciting. Any ideas?

EDIT-Whoops, sorry. :ouch: I forgot to check for an FAQ.
 
Famine's A-spec Endurance Companion

Smallhorses' A-spec Endurance Companion

Some great reading for you to begin with, should give you some pointers in what lineups to look out for and what sort of car to try racing in.
It'll be very dependent on whether you're just aiming to complete the races in A-spec or are trying to achieve maximum A-spec points for each race.

Also check out the Stock Car race comparison/challenge thread to see what stock cars have been used for certain endurance races.

A good tip for fun races is to try and race stock, or as close to stock as possible to ensure close, and therefore fun races. My Tsukuba 9hr report is a prime example of this. 9hrs racing, only 29s margin of victory, and passing and dicing with AI throughout.

Hope this helps. :cheers:

*edit* You may also find this useful, as it'll help you to avoid runaway leaders on tyre wear when you're selecting a lineup to race. If you do end up racing against any of the cars without an entry yet, feel free to contribute, as I'd love to get this complete.

(Almost) Complete AI Pit Strategy Guide for the 16 Endurance Races
 
When things get boring, I like to spice things up by racing naked, smeared in peanut butter. Trying to maintain throttle control while the cats are licking my armpits and toes is quite challenging, let me tell you.
 
diseased
When things get boring, I like to spice things up by racing naked, smeared in peanut butter. Trying to maintain throttle control while the cats are licking my armpits and toes is quite challenging, let me tell you.

*purrs*
 
I like to do them so high that my brain forgets what i'm doing every 5 minutes, so every lap seems like i'm just starting the race. When ya get into the harder stuff, the races get more interesting. One time my car looked like a snowman floating up through a chocolate sky, talk about an exciting race!
 
SRV2LOW4ME
I like to do them so high that my brain forgets what i'm doing every 5 minutes, so every lap seems like i'm just starting the race. When ya get into the harder stuff, the races get more interesting. One time my car looked like a snowman floating up through a chocolate sky, talk about an exciting race!

LOL!!!!
But I don't think this is good advise for everyone..............:lol:
 
Take smallhorses advice and make them a close battle. No other way is best to keep you on through the whole race!! 👍
 
SRV2LOW4ME
I like to do them so high that my brain forgets what i'm doing every 5 minutes, so every lap seems like i'm just starting the race. When ya get into the harder stuff, the races get more interesting. One time my car looked like a snowman floating up through a chocolate sky, talk about an exciting race!

Yes, don't tell us that, please?
 
Back