How do you prefer your car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter zedextreme8177
  • 28 comments
  • 2,247 views

How do you prefer your car?

  • Enough understeer to go off the track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some understeer

    Votes: 15 11.4%
  • No preference

    Votes: 9 6.8%
  • A little oversteer

    Votes: 99 75.0%
  • Twitchy as "beep"

    Votes: 9 6.8%

  • Total voters
    132
Messages
3,220
Maldives
Maldives
Messages
zedextreme8177
I personally prefer some oversteer, always set up my car for that.

Love hitting the throttle and letting the rear-end slide a bit to get my car going in the right direction (Which is why I love the NSX-R by default):drool:

Note: This thread is related to GT5 only (NOT your real car!)
 
Last edited:
JGTC handling is WIN :3

But oversteer can be corrected and understeer isnt as easy to correct.
 
I personally find easier to deal with a car that slightly understeers rather than one that oversteers (in GT5). As long as you get your braking points set and the proper braking modulation I find more suitable to me.
 
The problem with driving games seems to be understeer means slow lap times, oversteer is perceived as quicker.

I usually prefer slight oversteer but have noticed I'm setting the car up to give a bit of understeer as too much oversteer now has you sliding more than was the case in previous GT's.

I like a slightly grippy front end with a loose back end, which I find helps with apex turn in. I'm very much a 'slow-in-fast-out driver', I'm good at balancing the car using the throttle so can compensate for the oversteer pretty well.

Thats why I've loved GT since day 1, feels so much better with each incarnation!
 
I like a slightly grippy front end with a loose back end, which I find helps with apex turn in. I'm very much a 'slow-in-fast-out driver', I'm good at balancing the car using the throttle so can compensate for the oversteer pretty well.

^This

I absolutely loathe understeer:grumpy:, although I equally dislike twitchy setups (especially in the rain:crazy:)
 
Oversteer every time. I'd rather try and drift a car round a corner than try and stop it plowing straight on into the nearest gravel trap.
 
Loose, loose is fast...

A little oversteer please, good brakes and big honkin' motor.
 
I like my cars to be rather balanced, with a small tendency to oversteer. I prefer it to udnersterr, any day of the week.
 
The problem with driving games seems to be understeer means slow lap times, oversteer is perceived as quicker.

That´s, what it is in real life, too. Oversteering does not mean, that you are competitive in drift championchips, but that the rear end helps the car to turn in.
 
Shaken, not stirred.
 
netural, but if I cannot dial that in I settle for a little oversteer, and definaely adjust the lds to eliminate any power on understeer.
 
Understeer is the devil. With 4WD cars I always set the torque split further towards the rear, that way I can correct my line under power. Ideally you want mild understeer on the way in and mild oversteer on the way out (which is how most race cars are set up).

If you have the opposite to this, something is wrong
 
I love me a little bit of oversteer. For one, it feels faster in a race... And I love showbouting for the camera :sly:.
 
I'll take a little oversteer. You can control that pretty easily, but understeer just forces you to enter corners more slowly. As long as I can control which way the front end is pointed, I can sort out what the rear end is doing without much problem. It's pretty fun actually.
 
Playing about with the suspension really helps while setting up. More camber on the front, and higher suspension on the rear are the two obvious ones for oversteer, and vice-versa.
 
Understeering is my worse enemy. It sucks big time for me. If I can't tune a car to get rid of it to my liking, I don't drive it unless I have too.
 
I like my cars with a light touch of understeer. I have heavy foot and like to throw my cars around so in an oversteer car I usually spin out.
 
Can't vote on the poll because every car is little different, and in some cases I'll want these differences to stand out or be muted.

I'm addicted to small amounts of oversteer most of the time, but other times I do want some understeer (just to set a limit) or grander bouts of oversteer (for sliding & drifting, of course). But the bottom line my preferences vary.
 
I personally find easier to deal with a car that slightly understeers rather than one that oversteers (in GT5). As long as you get your braking points set and the proper braking modulation I find more suitable to me.

This for me as well, there's a fine line between a small controllable understeer and a car that understeer into the wall at any speed, it's also nice to have a car that'll pop it's rear out with a bit of throttle work to rotate the car around the corner with.
 
"A little Oversteer" is my choice.

Therfore I had to tune my Enzo for a long time.
I don´t think that the Real Enzo understeers so much as the ingame counterpart.
But after a while I had the tune for me and now my Enzo makes 1:03.5XX times on Rome with Racing Meds.
Why can´t the enzo have a bit more front Downforce ?
Wouldn´t ferrari want the Enzo to be one of the best drives ??

Take a f430 (not the Scud). Has no Downforce settings at all but it drives awsome at stock or fully tuned.
Stock Enzo ?? not for me < this is no fun
 
I like the rear end to break loose on braking and then very very mild understeer on corner exit.
 
I prefer a little oversteer. It's much easier to manage the car that way.
 
For hotlapping i prefer definite neutral layout. I mean trying to control a minolta sliding is riding on a knife's edge. However when i usually do Schwarzwald League b event I prefer heavy benzes because they are soo controllable when drifting
 
I like either a touch of oversteer or a touch of understeer, but I prefer a lot of oversteer to a lot of understeer.
 
Can we have a neutral option please?

I prefer a predictable car with a very balanced setup. I hate power on high speed understeer and snap oversteer.
 
Can we have a neutral option please?

I prefer a predictable car with a very balanced setup. I hate power on high speed understeer and snap oversteer.

:O
You could vote for No Preference.

The Nissan GT-R seems to be the anti-thesis of my driving technique, even though I really enjoy it.

It oversteers on braking and understeers on acceleration:confused:
 
I always try to make it as neutral as possible.
With a slight push understeer at corner exit.

cheers
 
Back