How do you prevent decals from stretching on sloped surfaces?

• Thread starter zortation
  • 3 comments
Canada
Toronto, Ontario
bleepedy_bloops
I did a very simple livery on the Mclaren F1 and it's tricky but I'm improving. In my case I have two Pirelli stickers positioned just above the headlamps; and though it appears that decals on a sloped surface will appear "normal" when viewed straight on, they will look all bent/stretched/skewed if viewed from the top down. Any way to fix this? Setting the projection area doesn't really address this for me.

:cheers:

Last edited:
I did a very simple livery on the Mclaren F1 and it's tricky but I'm improving. In my case I have two Pirelli stickers positioned just above the headlamps; and though it appears that decals on a sloped surface will appear "normal" when viewed straight on, they will looked all bent/stretched/skewed if viewed from the top down. Any way to fix this? Setting the projection area doesn't really address this for me.

:cheers:
You mean the projection method? You should select Align by Camera, then rotate the camera so that it's roughly perpendicular to the surface. Then you place your decal.

The front of the mclaren is pretty tricky to get a correct look. Use the projection method for best results, but it could take a few repositioning of the camera before you get the decal aligned with the air intakes and headlamps.

Back