• Single Series

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Multiple Series

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
United States
Mass UTC-5
HugoStiglitz_420 and GTP_HugoStiglitz
I'm just curious how many people here are actually focusing on racing in just 1 or 2 series, and how many people race in multiple series that they enjoy.

I'm the latter. I pretty much race a bunch of different series but when I can (provided I have the track on that week) I usually stick to racing the Ford GT (GT Challenge, Proto & GT series), Radical SR8, and Skip barber. Sometimes Mustangs as well. Anytime VIR comes up that's all I race for the whole week, I love VIR and it's not on the calendar often enough

Feel free to comment on how you race and what your philosophy/motives are.

I tend to stick to the Mustang and inRacing News Challenge in the Solstice as far as running a full season goes, I'm going for championships in both. I race a few other series from time to time, but only on tracks I already have.

Full season:

Mustang Challenge
inRacing News Challenge

Occasion:

Cadillac Cup
Street Stock Series
Grand Touring Cup
Grand-Am
GT Challenge
Spec Racer Ford Challenge

I mainly focus in 1 series because I've always found myself on a good possition to fight for the championship on Division 3 2nd in S1, 3rd in S2 and 2nd in S3 this year. However, this season someone found it funny to bump me into D2 where I seriously doubt I'll be in contention, but still I am only doing 1 series maybe out of habit or maybe to presserve iRating IDK.
So yeah, I guess that makes me a 1 series guy with the ocassional excursion to other series every now and then!

For the last year, I've tried saying I'll run series a and b on the road side, and series c on ovals. After a few weeks I stop hitting all of those, and then maybe miss a few weeks entirely. This season, purely some Grand Am in the Riley. Hopping into some other ones for fun/practice maybe. I still want to drive the Star Mazda more. And a quick race in the MX5 is never out of the question. I do neglect the oval side a lot, so if I can get at least one race a week in the Late Models, that'll be good.

...I love VIR and it's not on the calendar often enough

+1 to that 👍

For me pretty much 1 series at a time. If I do run more it'll be one serious championship and one just to get my participation credits but only if I know I'll be 100% safe in both series.

I plan one series for oval and road each season according to my licence level. So in S4 it is the Late Model (D) for oval and IndyCar fixed (C) for road racing. If I get promoted during the season, I will switch to Street Stock (C) and IndyCar (B).

I try to follow this route to focus on few series to get a better feeling for each car. Jumping around might confuse me to much.

And I still care more about my SR, than about my results.

+1 to that 👍

For me pretty much 1 series at a time. If I do run more it'll be one serious championship and one just to get my participation credits but only if I know I'll be 100% safe in both series.

+10000 for backing me up on that. VIR is amazing and it's a shame that it keeps getting pushed off the calendar for new tracks. I don't understand it, it's one of the best tracks in iracing, for me it is the best.

I plan one series for oval and road each season according to my licence level. So in S4 it is the Late Model (D) for oval and IndyCar fixed (C) for road racing. If I get promoted during the season, I will switch to Street Stock (C) and IndyCar (B).

I try to follow this route to focus on few series to get a better feeling for each car. Jumping around might confuse me to much.

And I still care more about my SR, than about my results.

I do as well. I wish I didn't but it's something we all have to maintain so SR is usually a bigger focus for me than winning races.

i know if I stuck to just one series all season I would be much faster and have far less problems with SR, but I don't. Mainly because I don't have all the tracks in my favorite series (radical, proto/gt challenge, skippy) but also because I like to make use of all my cars.

I think I still have a bit of the GT5 mentality of wanting to test drive as many cars as possible.

I switch between series mainly because I don't own all content for any one series yet and the more I race the better I seem to be overall anyway.

I don't have a lot of time to juggle around and I don't always feel like setting up to play iRacing, so I tend to prefer focusing on one series.

If I get more spare time, I start racing different series, but I always find my performances suffer as I don't spend enough time practicing with each combination then, even with cars that I feel most comfortable with.

Usually, I need to spend a good hour or so practicing before racing and its only after competing in several races through the week that I really hit my pace. Its difficult to do that for more than one series with only a week with each track.

I've tried this season to focus on the Lotus 79, but it requires a lot of practice time to really get the most out and its very easy to make small mistakes that become big mistakes. I've ended up going back to focusing on the Star Mazda simply because I can jump in it and run consistent and decent laps after about 10 laps of practice.
I'll probably return to focusing on the 79 when I get more time to devote to it.

At least one road and one oval series at a time as long as I have the content. I don't know why but I can't stick to one series unless it is the NASCAR Trucks. I should really focus on one series and probably will when I renew my membership.

I don't have a lot of time to juggle around and I don't always feel like setting up to play iRacing, so I tend to prefer focusing on one series.

If I get more spare time, I start racing different series, but I always find my performances suffer as I don't spend enough time practicing with each combination then, even with cars that I feel most comfortable with.

Usually, I need to spend a good hour or so practicing before racing and its only after competing in several races through the week that I really hit my pace. Its difficult to do that for more than one series with only a week with each track.

I've tried this season to focus on the Lotus 79, but it requires a lot of practice time to really get the most out and its very easy to make small mistakes that become big mistakes. I've ended up going back to focusing on the Star Mazda simply because I can jump in it and run consistent and decent laps after about 10 laps of practice.
I'll probably return to focusing on the 79 when I get more time to devote to it.

I agree with you completely. I'm the same way too. I usually need an hour of practice with certain cars before I can run races without incidents, and by the end of the week I'll be up to my pace.

The best thing for me would be to stick to a single series but I get bored kind of easily and I don't have all the tracks for any of the series I really like. I would like to narrow my series down to 2 or 3 though, the Ford GT series is one, and the other should be the lotus 49 (if they ever release the damn thing), radical, and/or skippy

I am on a good way:

I race D-class Late Model this season in weeks 1, 2, 3, 8 and 9 because I own these tracks. I am already at SR 3.96 now.
So in weeks 4, 6 and 12 I will try out the C-class Street Stock.

Road racing will fill the gaps, so I am busy all weeks except week 10. :-)

Back