How do you report a dirty driver?

• Thread starter gapper59
  • 18 comments
United States
Addison IL.
I've seen it posted before and tried a search, but couldnt find a how to.

Would someone constantly bumping you from behind, just to bring down your SR (I guess) qualify as dirty driving?

Last edited:
Constantly bumping you from behind if it is little contacts each time it can just be bad judgement still their fault and bad driving
If it’s from a long way back and you definitely think your not being ridiculously early on the brakes and they do it more than once it’s also bad driving
But also be aware connection can be a problem so you might think they are doing it on purpose but on their screen they don’t see anything wrong
It’s the guy behinds job to avoid hitting you until they are alongside then the roles are shared

To report someone I believe you just go to their name at the end of a race to do it or something like that (ive never reported anyone)
Or players met section of the friends bit on your PlayStation menu
Honestly not too sure but that’s my opinion on the bumping bit

At the end of the race you can click on their name, unless they bump you so much you get DQ'd :banghead:

They might not know yet that draft bumping is very bad now as the car doing the bumping gets no notification and keeps their SR. You can literally draft bump someone out of the race and finish with max SR for that race. I let them pass when someone draft bumps me, bump them back once so they see the SR Down arrow. That's usually enough to stop that.

No clue if reporting does anything. I've been reporting dirty drivers since the feature was added. They always come back.

It's frustrating though. When another car is next to you and a third behind decides to help you out with a little bump you have no way to avoid it. Couple times in one race is enough for a red rating.

Constantly bumping you from behind if it is little contacts each time it can just be bad judgement still their fault and bad driving
If it’s from a long way back and you definitely think your not being ridiculously early on the brakes and they do it more than once it’s also bad driving
But also be aware connection can be a problem so you might think they are doing it on purpose but on their screen they don’t see anything wrong
It’s the guy behinds job to avoid hitting you until they are alongside then the roles are shared

To report someone I believe you just go to their name at the end of a race to do it or something like that (ive never reported anyone)
Or players met section of the friends bit on your PlayStation menu
Honestly not too sure but that’s my opinion on the bumping bit

I appreciate your reply.:)

As you probably know the penalty system now gives you a SR decuction every time you get bumped from behind,
instead of the D-Bag who's doing the bumping. Even when going flat out in the straights.

What I'm talking about is no technical glitch or driver error.
Its some clown purposly chasing you around the track, constantly bumping your back end instead of
going around, even when you try to let them pass. There's no revenge factor involved on their part,
I watched them do it to everyone who got in their way.

I dont see any advantage on their part, I think its just to screw up other peoples SR.

This latest penalty system mess they created really needs to be fixed,
but after 11 months of this BS I have no confidence it will be.

At the end of the race you can click on their name, unless they bump you so much you get DQ'd :banghead:

They might not know yet that draft bumping is very bad now as the car doing the bumping gets no notification and keeps their SR. You can literally draft bump someone out of the race and finish with max SR for that race. I let them pass when someone draft bumps me, bump them back once so they see the SR Down arrow. That's usually enough to stop that.

No clue if reporting does anything. I've been reporting dirty drivers since the feature was added. They always come back.

It's frustrating though. When another car is next to you and a third behind decides to help you out with a little bump you have no way to avoid it. Couple times in one race is enough for a red rating.

Sorry to hear reporting doesn't seem to help, but not suprised.
I just dont understand the people who do it on purpose just to mess up others SR

I'd bet more than a few people have figured out that disqualifying the car in front with a few bump drafts is an easy way to gain places.

Step 1: Tell the person you are reporting them. I usually post "@JohnDoe reported".
Step 2: If they apologize, I don't actually report them. If they insult me or leave, I report them.
Step 3: They usually get angry and start insulting me in the room followed by sending me hate message over PSN.
Step 4: Don't respond, Report the hate message within PSN to Sony.
Step 5: Block them over PSN.

Don't let it get to you, it's an online game so you will always get some people who don't play by the rules. Just take it on the chin and join another race. Life is too short!

Don't let it get to you, it's an online game so you will always get some people who don't play by the rules. Just take it on the chin and join another race. Life is too short!

I totally get that. My SR is usually around 99, now I'm hovering about 25 mostly due to the lousy penalty system. That's where my anger lies. I just don't understand how it could be this bad for this long, SR is pointless if they can't get it to work right.

Thanks for your reply

Havent seen anything done about this as well.

I thought maybe I was crazy or maybe just driving poorly until I saw this post, because I literally had a race that dropped me from SR S to B because of someone constantly intentionally hitting me from behind on straights. Spent the time to grind my way back to S just to have it happen again at Monza in the 500's during Daily Race A. Still sitting at B after having 3 wins today on race C with no penalties, which is incredibly frustrating. :banghead:

I had so much hope for this game, as I don't have a sim rig to dive headlong into iRacing or something similar. The more I experience how this SR system is never in balance, the more I lose hope in something "backed" by the FIA.

I thought maybe I was crazy or maybe just driving poorly until I saw this post, because I literally had a race that dropped me from SR S to B because of someone constantly intentionally hitting me from behind on straights. Spent the time to grind my way back to S just to have it happen again at Monza in the 500's during Daily Race A. Still sitting at B after having 3 wins today on race C with no penalties, which is incredibly frustrating. :banghead:

I had so much hope for this game, as I don't have a sim rig to dive headlong into iRacing or something similar. The more I experience how this SR system is never in balance, the more I lose hope in something "backed" by the FIA.

Really sucks doesn't it? You try hard to drive clean and get your ratings up, all for nothing

I've seen it posted before and tried a search, but couldnt find a how to.

Would someone constantly bumping you from behind, just to bring down your SR (I guess) qualify as dirty driving?
The preferred method seems to be get right behind him and go full throttle into the next turn.

The preferred method seems to be get right behind him and go full throttle into the next turn.

Not sure the double negative makes a positive. There's already an issue with drivers feeling they have to retaliate for the slightest bit of racing-related contact, much less for overtly aggressive behavior. The issue is that the game still hasn't figured out how to tell the difference.

I was also confused as to how some of the members were talking about specific numbers for their ratings, but I just found the Kudos Prime site. Very helpful to help me know where I'm at so that I know how to complete a race to go up a rank, instead of just racing and *hoping* I see the letter grade change. Makes me wonder why GT doesn't just show you that though.

Last edited by a moderator:
You click on their name after the race, hit "report" and submit it. Then you publish a YouTube video complaining and shaming the offender. Finally, you come here and whine about it.

All of which does absolutely NOTHING to help! But you do feel better when that's done. :)
I don't know someone reported me for something and I got a warning. No idea what I'm supposed to have done so don't see how that could possible make anything better.
I never report anyone, why bother it's a game and nothing said or done is bad enough to go that low.

You probably were reported falsely because one of the other drivers you raced against didn't either like your actions or you beat him fairly and he was poor loser and took it personally by reporting you falsely

And like he says...
KosmoKazi

All of which does absolutely NOTHING to help! But you do feel better when that's done. :)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back