How do you train?

• Thread starter hoppps_v2
  • 4 comments
United States
GA
hoppps_v2
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and gt6...or I guess aim racing in general. So obviously, like many of us here, I got gt6 to try my hand at sim racing/gt academy about 3 weeks ago. I've been doing the career mode and some challenges to get accustomed to the game. I also started practicing with the "prelude to a dream" stuff. So far, my times have been a consistent 6 seconds off the fastest time.

So, long intro, but how do you guys train to get better? I've got physical fitness down, running a couple miles a day followed by a workout. And I've been spending about an hour doing all different sorts of races. Just curious what everyone else was doing, and hopefully will find a way to get 6 seconds off my time.

Sounds like you'd be easily fit enough to ace gt academy physically if you're training that much.

Do track days and karting, and practise the game as much as you can. Just practise practise practise. There is no secret

As Growling said, Track days and karting is a good thing to do extensively to get some irl experience.
When it comes to the game speed, I'd advice you do join in on the seasonal events, and the WRS here on GTP. Do these trials until you think you cant get any better, and you will see that for every time trial you do, you'll be a little further up the leaderboard.
Also, when it comes to the seasonal events, make sure you spend enough time with them that you get an idea of just how fast you can go (your limit), then look at the top replays, and really study the lines, trail braking, throttle control etc. then try to do that yourself, and you'll see that you can not only match your ideal lap, but usually even beat it.

Timetrialing is a great way to build up the speed needed to qualify for GT Academy. But once you get to the national finals, you have to be able to get up to speed fast, and be consistent, thats why you also must do some online races.
Again, I'd advice you to join in on the WRS, as they have weekly races aswell as time trials.
On top of that, look in the GT6 online racing series section, and look for a series that you like, at this point where you are 6 seconds behind pace, I'd advice you to look for series with low to mid experienced drivers. Remember, your oponents should be as fast or slightly faster than you so that you learn and strive to get faster, but they should not be so fast that it takes 5 laps and you cant even see them anymore. :)

Last edited:
I think once you get to the top 3% level online races with really strong competition is more benifical then TT.

When you are elite in racing you can do both where as if your purely a TT driver you will struggle with racing.

Think of racing as a Base line, if your consistent with your times you won't struggle to pull the fast laps out consistently compared to those that get crazy hotlaps but spend all day trying to perfect it.

I'll advice you to play at least 2h or 3h every day . doesn't really matter if you are doing tt or online races the most important thing is to play as much as you can and focus on nissan cars ..... time trials and seasonnals events will make you learn tracks better , online races will make you learn how to be consistent , focus , car control , reflexs ......
I do just the TT and public lobbies and now my level I would say is quit good lol.
ps : for the time trials in order to make it to the top 50 you will have to play a lot of hours ;).
when it comes to irl driving I think you just need to get used to the speed , g force and how a real car handle .
good luck

Back