How do you unlock the 15M+ cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter probull3t
  • 21 comments
  • 2,098 views
Messages
83
Messages
probull3t
From what I keep reading, everyone says you unlock the expensive Miura, XJ13, P4 and Mark IV cars, but nobody has actually said how or where you get them. I also find it incredible that PD has let EU players unlock a chrome-line XJ13 for absolutely nothing. I actually bought the real signature edition and got nothing close to as nice in the DLC codes.
 
I traded a Mark IV from a guy getting several from the birhday exploit. If you want it for the historic car race, your best bet is to win "Like the Wind" and get a Toyota 7, or buy a used Chaperral 2J.

Edit: "Like the Wind" in B-spec.
 
I traded a Mark IV from a guy getting several from the birhday exploit. If you want it for the historic car race, your best bet is to win "Like the Wind" and get a Toyota 7, or buy a used Chaperral 2J.

I honestly just want to know what races/events win you them. So, are you telling me that the only reason people have gotten those cars so far is because of cheating? Nice to know there are so many that choose to take the easy route instead of getting one fairly.
 
I dont understand how people just cant earn the cars. Why cheat? Whats the point? Feel better about yourself? I actually am accomplishing buying those cars, not cheating.
 
There are many things in this game that seems a bit odd. Like the DLC cars ect. I'd rather spend my time (and credits) on getting other cars like the Sauber C9 and the Formula GT.
 
As I said before. I'm asking HOW people are unlocking these cars fairly. I find it hard to believe that anybody has actually sat and collected 15 or 20m credits just to get a single car. So, if the answer is no, you don't win these cars anywhere, then PD should ban people exploiting birthday presents; since the cars are supposed to be "rare".
 
I dont understand how people just cant earn the cars. Why cheat? Whats the point? Feel better about yourself? I actually am accomplishing buying those cars, not cheating.

People are already buying/selling cars on ebay for real $$. Wonder when PD will start selling "cars" for real $$ as well.

I remember when I played GT3 and was hooked, trying to win races to earn credits to buy more cars for more races. Then I got a gameshark to hack the game and unlocked everything and had unlimited credits. Stopped playing two days later.

Can't believe anyone is paying $$ for cars on ebay. That's right up there with paying for a hooker.
 
As I said before. I'm asking HOW people are unlocking these cars fairly. I find it hard to believe that anybody has actually sat and collected 15 or 20m credits just to get a single car. So, if the answer is no, you don't win these cars anywhere, then PD should ban people exploiting birthday presents; since the cars are supposed to be "rare".
How exactly are they going to track down who exploited the birthday presents and who actually got them on their real birthday?

Also how does it effect you at all if people do use the birthday present to get the car? I really don't understand why everybody is always so concerned with what other people are doing. There isn't an online marketplace where people are selling this cars for tons of money, so it's not really hurting anybody. All it's doing is allowing people to take the easy way out, and if that's what they want to do, then so be it.
 
As I said before. I'm asking HOW people are unlocking these cars fairly. I find it hard to believe that anybody has actually sat and collected 15 or 20m credits just to get a single car. So, if the answer is no, you don't win these cars anywhere, then PD should ban people exploiting birthday presents; since the cars are supposed to be "rare".
You can win the Jag and the ford GT-40 in one of the endurance races, you can win the alfa ZAGATO as well... till now we only now you have to buy the Ford and the Ferrari... also the Miura... you can buy those car at a propriate lv... if you got lucky enough you can find the ferrari 330 P4 whit the ticket of completing the extreme event.... if you are realy lucky you can find those car in the 1000 ticket... so good luck

Sorry for the spoiler :)
 
People are already buying/selling cars on ebay for real $$. Wonder when PD will start selling "cars" for real $$ as well.

I remember when I played GT3 and was hooked, trying to win races to earn credits to buy more cars for more races. Then I got a gameshark to hack the game and unlocked everything and had unlimited credits. Stopped playing two days later.

Can't believe anyone is paying $$ for cars on ebay. That's right up there with paying for a hooker.

Somehow or another people will get busted for it. I see that as a form of extortion. Your making money off of Polyphony. They will get busted and more than likely get banned of PSN network and have to pay money and fines. Just give it time
 
How exactly are they going to track down who exploited the birthday presents and who actually got them on their real birthday?

Also how does it effect you at all if people do use the birthday present to get the car? I really don't understand why everybody is always so concerned with what other people are doing. There isn't an online marketplace where people are selling this cars for tons of money, so it's not really hurting anybody. All it's doing is allowing people to take the easy way out, and if that's what they want to do, then so be it.

Actually there IS an online marketplace where people are selling these supposedly "rare" cars for a lot of money. So it does have an affect on me quite a lot. This is a game with an online component. Ask anyone that plays a MMO if they think it's fair for people to use real money to buy cars on a game and then show them off and you'll get the majority of those people agreeing with me that it's complete ********.
 
Ah one more thing... colecting 20 mil is not a big deal... just do the right race and grind, and grind, and grind... I was able to grind 20 mil in "just" 2 days... :banghead:
 
Selling cars on ebay for real money is just stupid and your a moron to buy one. That said I've used the brithday glitch and I'm gonna do it again whenever I feel like till they patch it. Why? I get what I want to drive without having to waste countless hours on racing only a few crappy events over and over again. If they would have made a better a-spec mode with good prizes cars and money/exp I would glady play it normaly. Which I think I still do execpt for those few $69475696476 cars I got from that glitch. I don't cheat/hack on anything dealing with multiplayer in any game, but when it comes to single player I have the right to do what I want after I give them my money.
 
Actually there IS an online marketplace where people are selling these supposedly "rare" cars for a lot of money. So it does have an affect on me quite a lot. This is a game with an online component. Ask anyone that plays a MMO if they think it's fair for people to use real money to buy cars on a game and then show them off and you'll get the majority of those people agreeing with me that it's complete ********.

Well I only see that as a problem for PD not you personally. That is unless you are one of the people who purchased a GT5 car with real money. Nobody forces you to do the birthday exploit, nor do they force you to purchase cars with real money. And no GT5 does not have a sanctioned marketplace where people are selling these cars (i.e. Forza 2/3).

PD is the only ones that are "losing" out with people selling GT5 cars for real money, nobody else.
 
How exactly are they going to track down who exploited the birthday presents and who actually got them on their real birthday?

By checking for multiple accounts made from a single IP during a certain date range.

Those accounts will all most likely have gifted cars to another account that logs in on that IP.

It would take a human a long time to collate data with that kind of weight but it would be an easy job for Sony's computers :D
 
By checking for multiple accounts made from a single IP during a certain date range.

Those accounts will all most likely have gifted cars to another account that logs in on that IP.

It would take a human a long time to collate data with that kind of weight but it would be an easy job for Sony's computers :D

I guess it was my understanding that people don't create new accounts and that they just delete their game save or something. Not sure how PD keeps track of users via online, especially if it's supposedly the same user.
 
Do you really think Sony would ban or delete saved data from thousands of people for doing this glitch? I don't think so. Sony wouldn't do it in fear of backlash, you gotta remember that not just a few people have done this glitch. Its on all the major message boards at this point and more an more people doing it as we speak.
 
I dont understand how people just cant earn the cars. Why cheat? Whats the point? Feel better about yourself? I actually am accomplishing buying those cars, not cheating.

I can't understand why people are against other people enjoying the game. I guess both sides are even.
 
This whole thread just makes me laugh. You guys actually think Sony and PD give a crap about the birthday gift thing? People aren't selling pirated versions of their game or anything "illegal" how is it any different than any other game cheats? Have you guys ever used a walkthrough in a game? isn't that cheating as well? if you haven't well I guess you have wasted a lot more of your life on video games than I have, hahaha. I don't want to grind for 2 days to buy an old ass Ferarri, I would rather "cheat" and enjoy it after 15 minutes of birthday grinding and nothing beats birthday grinding!

PD will do nothing to accounts that have used this, just like they do nothing to accounts using cheat codes or gameshark or whatever. Sony might get pissed at all the "fake acconts" but won't do anything about it.

People are doing this for GT mode to build their garages faster because WE don't have 10 hours a day to play this game for the next 6 months, I have maybe 1 hour per day, it would take me 5 years to get all the cars I wanted. The fun part of the game for me is driving the cars I want to drive on the tracks I want to race them on, the AI in this game is so bad, I don't care if I win the race by 20 seconds, I would rather do that than have it be a "fair" race where the AI rams me, makes me spin out, causes damage to my car and they keep going at full speed with no damage or spin out... I paid my $60, now let me be! Rant over :-)
 
this whole thread just makes me laugh. You guys actually think sony and pd give a crap about the birthday gift thing? People aren't selling pirated versions of their game or anything "illegal" how is it any different than any other game cheats? Have you guys ever used a walkthrough in a game? Isn't that cheating as well? If you haven't well i guess you have wasted a lot more of your life on video games than i have, hahaha. I don't want to grind for 2 days to buy an old ass ferarri, i would rather "cheat" and enjoy it after 15 minutes of birthday grinding and nothing beats birthday grinding!

Pd will do nothing to accounts that have used this, just like they do nothing to accounts using cheat codes or gameshark or whatever. Sony might get pissed at all the "fake acconts" but won't do anything about it.

People are doing this for gt mode to build their garages faster because we don't have 10 hours a day to play this game for the next 6 months, i have maybe 1 hour per day, it would take me 5 years to get all the cars i wanted. The fun part of the game for me is driving the cars i want to drive on the tracks i want to race them on, the ai in this game is so bad, i don't care if i win the race by 20 seconds, i would rather do that than have it be a "fair" race where the ai rams me, makes me spin out, causes damage to my car and they keep going at full speed with no damage or spin out... I paid my $60, now let me be! Rant over :-)

this
 
I really don't care what people cheat to get, they still have to drive them on the track. This is not a car show, it's racing. The fastest car in the hands of a person who can't drive it is worthless so let ppl enjoy the game in what ever way they like. Just please stop hitting me in the first corner of every damn race. Learn your breaking points.
 
Back