how does it work? (im A29 B0)

• Thread starter tyler5
  • 3 comments
Estonia
Tallinn
ESTyler
i mean i hated bspec in gt4 and NEVER used it, not even for 10 minutes.
if i neeeded to grind for money i did the german touring car race with a mercedes clk touring car and blam 220.000cr or something to that affect for a 4lap race. so, i dont know ANYTHING about BSPEC and from what i see i DONT like it AT ALL.
am i just crazy or what is up? where is the fun, how do i make it fun, how do i make it from level 0 to level 1 etc ?
i dont get it! i agree im a retard! with a spec you have to race to get levels etc.
with bspec, i dont get it. i invent a man and let it race and then switch on my digibox and watch tv while the ps3 does its thang? wtf is the point in such stupidness?👎:)

someone please tell it to me like you would to a 9-10 yr old wtf its about and how do i become engaged in it, in gt5 this time.
gt4 will stay untouched on the bspec side FOR-EVER!:crazy:

Yeah, you're crazy :D

I don't really see Bspec as fun. I prefer to race in Aspec, however Bspec is fairly important. It gets you many new cars, as well as a great deal of money, for next to no work.

Basically the 2 primary reasons for Bspec is money, and cars, for little to no work. With most the races in Bspec, you can just add the driver and car, and then walk away for 15-20 minutes.

Its relatively simple. You create a driver and race him. The fun part will be getting bob up to level 20 so he can at least drive half:censored:. Now with that said, if you actually want to win it will take patience to coach bob to the win.

Heres a quick 101 on what to do:

If bob is going to slow-hit pace up
If bob is going to fast-hit pace down
If bob is going at a good speed-hit maintain pace
If bob wont pass someone-hit overtake
If bob needs to pit-hit pit

Now the fun part is keeping bob calm. (I'm not going to go into to much detail here, to much to explain why bob gets pissed off to easy) If you look at the bottom middle there is a slider with a dot that moves back and forth.
You want to keep it near the middle.

If its far left in the blue-bob will drive slow
If its far right in the red-bob will drive like a dumb:censored:

One last tip dont push bob to hard. If bobs energy gets to low he will make mistakes.
When bob gets higher in the levels you wont have to baby him as much.

You'll learn more with experience. Just sit back, enjoy being a crew chief and enjoy the easy money and extra cars:cheers:

Here is my B-Spec Bob philosophy:

*Keep him calm. Keep his mood bar in the gray area. If you need to push, keep it over the middle but under the red. If you need to save tires or go into cruise mode, keep him over the blue area.
*Keep him motivated. If you give him too good of a car he won't do his best and will learn slower. Try to keep parity with the competition. Learning is more important than winning in the beginning. He will learn a given track after multiple runs and get better. He won't learn in the red zone, and he won't learn to be fast in the blue zone. So when I'm trying to teach him, I keep him in the middle.
*Early on (lower levels, like under Level 20), teach him. It will take a lot of work on occasion to show him SIFO, tricky parts of the track (Cote d'Azure chicane), etc.
*Later on, when he gets fairly proficient, let him do his thing. He will go into the red zone when fighting other drivers. Let him be. If he is trained up well he still won't make too many mistakes and will cool down pretty quick if he gets around. He may need a little prod at the right time to pass the front runners, and a chill out or speed up command occasionally. When he is good, I go out of teaching mode and fall back to race management mode.

To me, the fun part is managing the race. You can either put him in a car that will just blow away the competition, or you can put him in an equal car and have fun trying strategies to win. I like the longer races with multiple pit stops and weather. Then you can use tire and fuel management to give your Bob an edge. I have actually started handicapping my upper Bobs with less competitive cars, because with an even car, they will work up through the field and then just run away with the race.

I think people overlook what B-Spec is trying to do for you. When you get to upper levels/longer races, it helps you learn race management. A longer race is not about setting the best lap time you can every single lap. It gives you time to think about the race. To calculate strategy, and to take what you learn back to A-Spec mode.

I like it.

Back