How does the online dealership work?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DrakeDuCaine
  • 14 comments
  • 1,776 views
Messages
94
United States
Atanta
Messages
Drake_DuCaine
I've noticed that there will be like a TON of BMW's in there, then nissans, then TVR's. How often does it change from one thing to another? Thanks!
 
Polyphony Digital manually controls what is in the OCD every few weeks. Hence, "online" dealership.
 
I believe it changes every two weeks on a thursday, not positive on that though. Confirmation would be nice :)
 
I wish it would change it once a week.. Every Friday :)
 
MOTORTRENDmitch
I wish it would change it once a week.. Every Friday :)

We all would, but that wouldn't work for those not as dedicated as us on GTP sadly :'(
 
It's random. Just like if you stuffed your hand in a bag of toy TVR's, BMW's, and other cars, there is no certain order. Although it seems to feature a couple of manufacturers every update.
And, please, next time, place your questions in the Q&A forum, https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=233
~ENDURANCEGUY
 
I always thought the ocd updated cars that could be used in the online challenges. Er it used to before
 
When I hed no money I was offered awesome cars in the OD. Now I have money and all that is offered is lvl. 0 crap. I cant remember the last time it updated, it has been so long.
 
Yes its every 2 Thursdays, giving you two weeks to get all cars before it cycles
 
When I hed no money I was offered awesome cars in the OD. Now I have money and all that is offered is lvl. 0 crap. I cant remember the last time it updated, it has been so long.

Are you saying Polyphony gave us all "crap" (I hope you aren't including the magnificent Alfa 155 race car in that statement) to wind you up? :lol:
 
It changes every 2 weeks, with an FGT, a truck and a Veyron (correct me if I'm wrong) always taking the last 3 slots.
 
It's random. Just like if you stuffed your hand in a bag of toy TVR's, BMW's, and other cars, there is no certain order.

Not really sure what you mean by this. The cars in the OD are chosen by PD and are the same for everyone, though the paint jobs may differ from person to person.

It changes every 2 weeks, with an FGT, a truck and a Veyron (correct me if I'm wrong) always taking the last 3 slots.

It often has those 3 in, but not always.

Personally I always found it more fun to collect cars via the regular used car dealership, somehow more challenging, but I can totally see why PD put the OD in.

Also I sometimes seem to find more obscure paint jobs in the OD, and some people love to have the cars with 0 miles on the clock, though personally I don't really get that. Cars are to be driven and anything with around 3,000 miles or more just needs an engine overhaul to make it as good as (or better than?) new. But each to their own.

I did find it interesting though when they recently had standard versions of some of the premium cars in there, such as the TVR Tuscan. I thought i'd collected all of the standards but had never seen this, I think there were one or two others too. Interesting, but also kinda pointless :)
 
It often has those 3 in, but not always.

The FGT is definitely always there, I often notice a Veyron so it could be a constant feature and trucks I am unsure on, but I don't think there is always one.
 
There is ALWAYS:

FGT
Truck (for truck cup)
Touring car (for touring car cup)
Veyron

these always take up the bottom 4 slots
 
It changes every 2 weeks, with an FGT, a truck and a Veyron (correct me if I'm wrong) always taking the last 3 slots.

There is ALWAYS:

FGT
Truck (for truck cup)
Touring car (for touring car cup)
Veyron

these always take up the bottom 4 slots

Both of you are incorrect about the Veyron always being in the OCD.
As per the OCD update thread in the seasonal events forum, the Veyron has appeared in only 5 out of 19 OCD updates since the first of this year:
2/15/12
3/14/12
4/25/12
8/1/12
9/26/12
When the OCD was first started, I think the Veyron was in each update.
 
Back