How exactly does this work?

Messages
51
Basically I spent a bit of time modifying my opel speedster to have pretty much the most power it can get, as well I spent time modifying the car so it'd also have the most traction I could get. However, even with all of the modifications I could possibly do, I tried to do the opel speedster race and it gave me 191 A-spec points, and there was only a 1 second difference on the first race between me and second place even though I should've had the most power you can apply to the ground with that car. It get's better in the fact that some of them were able to pull away from me slightly at times, which made me completely confused. I take a good line but this is rediculous.

Any ideas?
 
It's a glitch with the game. The AI cars actaully have about 200HP more than it is possible to put into either Speedster, which is why even fully modded You can get 180-200 point races and have trouble winning the race. I beleive the opposition has something in the range of 450HP. The Speedster and 206 Cups are both notoriously difficult in this aspect.

Edit: A little searching would go a long way, here's one (of many) threads on the subject:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=67999&highlight=speedster
 
some say use the NA version, but you can win with the turbo. I did, but it took me some time.
 
3-Wheel Drive
It's a glitch with the game. The AI cars actaully have about 200HP more than it is possible to put into either Speedster, which is why even fully modded You can get 180-200 point races and have trouble winning the race. I beleive the opposition has something in the range of 450HP. The Speedster and 206 Cups are both notoriously difficult in this aspect.

The easy way to do the 206 cup is to use the 206 rally car. But even in the 206 rally car you're not going to blow everyone away.
 
With the 206 Rally Car I got 165 a spec points

I used the Opeal Speedster Turbo got 199 points in every race.
 
I used an Opel Speedster Turbo, with all maximum modifications except for a wing or nitrous. I think I used Racing Soft tires, but I can't remember for sure.

IIRC, I got somewhere in the neighborhood of 180 pts per race. None of them were particularly difficult, at least compared to some other races with less A-spec points. I think I ran the DTM series that same day in a "stock" (just as I won it) Mercedes-Benz AMG 190E 2.5 16V Evolution II, which was good for fewer A-spec points, but much closer racing.
 
If I'm remembering correctly, I used the NA Opel Speedster with a wing (looks pretty good on this Opel Speedster too), R4 tires, oil change, a racing exhaust with a NA tune-up, and FC tranny. 200 pts. in every race.
 
With the wing added to the turbo Speedster you have to add some ballast to get 200 points.
Without the wing you get 200 points with full power mods and no oil change.
Enter the same car in the Tuning car challange, much harder racing for 50 or so less A spec points.
 
Back