I checked mine last night and just over 1k MB have been installed. I know I haven't played as my has others so I'm wondering, when does it stop and do load times and frame rates improve the further along it gets?
Full 16 gig from PSN including day one patch. Nothing else gets installed now except future patches when released. On the plus side the game runs a hell of alot smoother from the HD with everything already installed.
Full 16 gig from PSN including day one patch. Nothing else gets installed now except future patches when released. On the plus side the game runs a hell of alot smoother from the HD with everything already installed.
Sorry if it's misleading what I said but I bought the digital version from the PSN. The game fully installs onto your HD once downloaded then there is nothing else to install except patches as they are released. So there is no delays due to in-game installing because it's already installed. The only downside I found was the initial install which took about 3 🤬 hours to install. But after that, It's done and you are free to play without the slight delays of pieces of data installing as you play.
That is what I am trying to find out. Can you install the full game from the original disc? I can hear my laser jumping all around as race data loads. If it keeps this up I may have to repair my PS3. I already had to buy are hard drive so I have plenty of room to spare.
That is what I am trying to find out. Can you install the full game from the original disc? I can hear my laser jumping all around as race data loads. If it keeps this up I may have to repair my PS3. I already had to buy are hard drive so I have plenty of room to spare.
I'm not sure if it installs 100% of the game but there's a trick that someone here found out (sorry I can't remember the name), he left the game on with the demo running for a while - a few hours or so, it's suppose to install as it plays. I've done this, not intentionally anyway - I usually leave it on for whole day sometimes. I don't get hard loading noises anymore, use to be very loud - my ps3 also runs a lot cooler now so I'm guessing that most of the game is installed now.
I'm gonna go check how big my data is, I'lll edit in a few minutes.
EDIT: My game data is 8899MB, that includes about 2.5GB of patches - v1.01 + 1.02. My save file is 221kb, in case anyone's wondering.