How fast will your car go?

• Thread starter NITROVIOUS
  • 16 comments
l've been curious as to the top speed in this game . So my question is : What's your top speed ? Which car were you driving ? On which track?

Top Speed 229 mph.
Car : McLaren Mercedes
Track : Monza

can we do this in KMH plz

That's a lot, I was in Bahrain, I run my rear wing on 1 for force india front wing on 8 at 17500 rpm I was maxing out at 287km that's with no rear wing. I race with the level of wing too, its fine, maybe that's why the force india is so slow its rear wing is making too much D/force

I went Force India for the 2nd season, also noticed it is slow at Bahrain, topped out at 185mph down the main straight.

Fast throttle makes a big difference for top speed on straights , will get through the gears faster.
Also the lower your aerodynamics the less wind resistance you will get. :)
l really like Bahrain but its not the fastest track , try Monza , Spa , or Shanghai for some good top end speed.

You say that, but at brazil which is a fairly high downforce track without many big straights and my end of season lotus was topping out at 210mph, my Force india at bahrain was using the lowest downforce settings. Bahrain has plenty of long straights, would expect the car to be hitting 200mph on them idealy.

The only thing l can think of that might cause the car to be slower are the gear settings . Monza for example , 7th gear @default is around 225 mph . Bahrain default 7th gear is around 190 or so . So it's like a lower default . Track design may play a part for higher or lower default gear settings . My top speed at Bahrain is only around 190 or so.

Ride height? You will bottom out a lot at Bahrain if the car isn't of an medium height, whereas you can get away with it low at Monza.

Top Speed: 224mph/360kph
Car: Ferrari
Track: Monza

Horrible setup for corners though.

You can just post both. There is no reason to choose one or the other.

Yes there is. When I was in 2nd grade in rural Colorado about 32 years ago, my teacher scared the crap out of us exclaiming, "The US is going metric in 2 weeks, and you better be ready or you won't even be able to buy a quart of milk!" I replied, "Don't you mean a liter teach?"

Been using metric ever since...

Your kilometers may vary...

-Christopher
aka Kaffeine

Here in the UK we use MPH, Cm, MM, Inches, Feet, Metres, Miles, Km, Litres, Pints, lbs, Kg's...

Like to mix it up a little, never see KPH used though ^^, for speed its always MPH, though it is easy to convert, that is the point if someone gave me a value in KPH it would confuse me and i would have to convert it into MPH for it to register.

Strange.

Anyway, Force india was doing upwards of 220mph at china, so im guessing bahrain has a strange basic car setup/package.

mine is as fast as I can push it... ... though I have hit 300km/h (184mph) with a puncture @ China... ... I didn't stop, and my front got airborn ... SO now I know what he meant by low revs ...

Back