How firm is your G29 accelerator pedal?

• Thread starter TheNormsk
  • 2 comments

TheNormsk

Premium
United States
Wisconsin
BritGuyInUSA
I did a brake pedal mod on my G29 (new spring and revised damper) and at the same time put the brake spring in the clutch and the clutch spring in the accelerator. After a couple of weeks like this, I'm not sure I like the stiffness of the accelerator. It's tiring on my leg after several hours driving.

I'm thinking about going back to the original strength accelerator spring but I'm wondering if I will lose anything with this (like return speed?) and wonder how stiff others have their accelerator?

I've had a couple of G29's now and each time I have swapped the springs on the brake and the clutch as the brakes are always so stiff from new and the clutch spring is much easier to press... I have never changed the accelerator spring tbh but the brake was always too stiff and would strain my leg after time.. I also get rid of that stupid block that makes you half press the pedal straight from the off it's useless! anyway good luck with your predicament 👍

Last edited:
I've had a couple of G29's now and each time I have swapped the springs on the brake and the clutch as the brakes are always so stiff from new and the clutch spring is much easier to press... I have never changed the accelerator spring tbh but the brake was always too stiff and would strain my leg after time.. I also get rid of that stupid block that makes you half press the pedal straight from the off it's useless! anyway good luck with your predicament 👍
Brilliant. That hadn’t even occurred to me.

Latest Posts

Back