How have you managed to do this?

• Thread starter Ben Dixon
  • 18 comments
Ben_Dixon1
I cannot, for the life of me, do the race in A class with the Ferrari F430. There is absolutely no power round corners and power is only there if the car is pretty much dead straight.

Any advice would be great.

If i dont use any traction control, the car just spins and loses control far more easily than normal and seems pretty unstable even with traction and other things on

I cannot, for the life of me, do the race in A class with the Ferrari F430. There is absolutely no power round corners and power is only there if the car is pretty much dead straight.

Any advice would be great.

1) Don't use controller.
2) Do you have stability managment on? I suspect so.

I have no choice but to use the controller, my only steering wheel is about 5 years old and for the playstation2 and doesn't work as well as it used to.

Also, i tried with both the ASM turned on and off, but still, no change, best position i ahve got was 9th or 10th

I've got the same problem as Ben, I can't for the life of me get in the top 3 :(. I've tried with all aids turned off, but still no good. And I'm also using a Six Axis as I don't have a wheel.

So far, my most successful tactics involve diving down the pit lane on the first corner, which gets me past the first two cars, then taking the next one on the following corner etc, but I only managed about 7th in the end :(. So, does anyone have a detailed guide on how to do this, or a good quality video? I found a vid on YouTube, but the quality so low that the only thing you can really see clearly is the guy's dodgy curtains ;). Even a list of which cars to be passing at which point would be a great help so that I'd at least have something to judge my progress through the field :).

Thanks,

Dave.

just did the a series tonight. my settings for the F430 at daytona are as follows;
transmission - auto
active steering - mild
driving physics - professional
ASM - off
traction control - 5
took a while but i got a 3rd place.slipstream whenever you get the opportunity.
hope this helps.

You can't win that one fairly. I can manage to get 1st about 50% of the time and 3rd the other 50%. You HAVE to do it in standard (unless you have God-like driving skills). Also, you need to cut corners. Here's my guide:

Setup:
Standard physics (I know it's noob but it's the only way)
TCS 5 (that way you can floor the gas and execute passes quickly - executing passes quickly and efficiently is crucial)
Forget how you normally play GT, this one requires you to cut corners and use other cars as brakes
ASM - your choice, i leave it off
ABS - 1 (unless you're really good, otherwise leave it on 1 and just slam on the brakes, guarantees quick passes)

1. Overtake the 599 and DB9 in front of you at the first corner (a must, if you don't manage to get the DB9 it might get tough)
2. Try to overtake F40 at 2nd corner (the right hander hairpin)(Easily done cleanly if you've manage to pass DB9 quickly, if not, ram it)
3. Slipstream and try to take the TVR at the turn where it's a little bend to the left
*If you haven't passed both the TVR and F40 by this stage chances are you won't even get 3rd*
4. Try to overtake the 2 closest cars to you (ISF and something else I believe) (doesn't matter if you don't manage to overtake both, you can easily pass them at the next corner).
5. Get as much slipstream as possible and overtake as many cars as you can at this next left handed hairpin. If you can manage to pass the Corvette or come out of the hairpin right behind him then it's looking good so far
6. Slipstream as much as possible and pass this pack of cars, up ahead should be another pack of about 3-4 cars. Try to get as close to them as possible before the next turn
7. *IMPORTANT* DO NOT TAKE THIS TURN CLEANLY. Try to pass all 3, or at least 2 of the cars of this pack by cutting the track. Brake very very late and do not bother using the road. (I take this turn in about mid 4th gear or high 3rd gear) Cut across the grass and get back onto the road as quickly and smoothly as possible, get a bump from anyone or don't do it smoothly enough and you're going to restart.
8. You should now see an F430 and R8 in front of you, these two cars are the leaders of the race and to win you must beat them. If so far you have managed to passed the cars where I have said you should pass them you should be close enough to pass them by the end of the race.
9. Take the next chicane as quickly as you can (you can do it cleanly or by cutting it, I don't see too much of a difference)
10. Try to get into their slipstream and hopefully pass them! (You can try taking a shortcut through pitlane but so far it's never worked for me)

By following that you should be able to get 3rd and 1st pretty regularly with some practice to locate the best lines and figuring out the lines of the AI.

Note: I am not a cheater in GT. I love playing it realisitcally (Pro physics, no aids, no ABS, clean driving) and generally do not resort to cheating. However, I cheat in this event because it is impossible to do otherwise, and it is one of the best ways to earn money in A class.

Definitely go lower than 5 on TCS. Try 1, 2 or 3. You just need to get used to the power and feather the throttle (ds3's buttons are pressure sensitive) Practice more and you'll get the hang of finding the usable power.

When I normally race I turn all aids off and use Pro physics, it's just I race this race to earn money quickly so i just set it so i can floor the gas really. Considering you're going to race the race about 50 times or so it can get a bit tedious.

Cheers for all the help guys, flubbachany, i'm sure your guide will help me alot to see if i can do this event. dont think i will be using the ferrari much more than this race, i just dont like the way it handles at all.

But once again thanks

I actually really like the F430 =P
Driving it around Suzuka on Pro with no aids is a real challenge, really teaches you to control the throttle well.

I actualy managed to nail that one without cheap tricks like bumping or cutting corners, the key for me were the first few corners, I have to pass the first two cars in the first right corners, than after the S as long as I'm in front of the F40 right behind the TVR (???) thats ok, overtake him on the short straight and don't shift down in the fast left corner, the system says you should take it in 4th gear, but with a slight lift of throttle you can do it a lot faster in 5th, this takes a little practice, then the key point for nailing this mission is to find the perfect braking point for the slow righthander after that, everytime I get in front of the Ford GT before the next lefthand corner I'm good, from there on it's a matter of getting in the draft of the car in front of the Corvette, you should be able to catch the draft of cars number 3,4 and 5 on the straight, getting in front of them through the next s curves in 4th, not in the suggeste 3th, same goes for the final S, aim well to catch the draft and you should be able to overtake #1 and 2 just before the finnish.
I did this with the standard F430, on normal settings, I don't even think of trying it on professional :-)

I EVERYTIME use a controller to play racegames. Use net triggers to accelerate and brake ...
The F430 is really hard to spin in my opinion. The car is very easy to drive.
If you have even problems with the F430 .... you will got serious problems with real beasty cars.

The F430 is certainly a challenge, but the (cheating) way to do it is cut corners, (especially last two i think). Doing it the clean way is much more difficult, i could only get bronze.

My best time with Pro Mode and ABS on (TCS off) was 0,6sec behind 1st. . It´s very hard but i think i can manage it to win the race in Pro Mode (without Cutting or bumping other cars)
relio

Back