How have you tuned your Ford RS200 '84

• Thread starter Skython
  • 13 comments
New Zealand
beyond down under
I have a good RS200 capable of 7.16 at the Nurburgring :), and topped 365 KM/H :):) (220 MP/H or so) but it is somewhat hard to drive, and scary:scared:, anyone have ideas to make it better over the bumps

My setup is
Spring rate: 10.0, 7.8
Ride height: 130, 133
Dampers bound: 8, 8
Dampers rebound: 8, 8
Toe: 0, 0
Camber: 2.0, 1.5
Stabilizers: 6, 6

Power: 426 HP
Weight: No clue, but since it's an RS200, I think it's light
No rear wing cos then it looks ugly

try adding some ballast to give it more inertia, reduce your spring rate a bit and raise the car a tad.

Last edited:
Use stickier tyres if you don't want it to slide around all the time.

Nah, I dont think so but, It's not my place to say so as I am not a mod. (please tell me you knew I meant to raise the car not the spring rate after you just lowered the rates)

Or you can try this:

Spring rate: 9.9/9.3
Ride height: 106/109
Dampers bound: 3/3
Dampers rebound: 6/6
Toe: 0/-1
Camber: 2.6/1.6
Stabilizers: 3/3
Ballast weight: 60lbs/+50
LSD: 15/30/15 15/60/30
VCD: 15
Downforce: max

1984 Ford RS200 (Road Car)
Class: AWD

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Stage 3 Turbo
Brake Balance Controller
Racing Suspension
FC Transmission
Variable Center Differential
GTAuto Wing
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
S3 tires
Oil Change
Wash

Settings

(Front/Rear)

Suspension:
Spring Rate - 7.0/6.1
Ride Height - 135/140
Bound - 3/4
Rebound - 5/5
Camber - 1.8/1.4
Toe - (-1)/0
Stabilizers - 1/2

Brake Balance - 5/3

Downforce - 23/26

VCD - 15% front

It was tuned on the Nurburgring, so it's a bit soft for glass smooth tracks. Sails right over bumps though.

I usually run around a 7:23 consistently, but I'm by no means the best driver. Also, I don't know what kind of tires you are running by your posts, but I only run on Sports Medium tires for hot lapping, so take that into consideration when comparing lap times.

Last edited:
^ Wow, my time was on racing mediums because I think a tuned car with sports tires makes it a tuner (when I tune a car, it's a race car, not a tuner), but that's good, I made about 5 stuff ups on my lap (mainly in the faster pieces) and the track I test on is Nurburgring as well, which means that is very handy, thanks

I just tested the setups, both are great and are better than mine (mine suits smooth tracks) but the better setup would have to be hot_shoe's setup, thanks

Update on my setup:

In an effort to make the slightly more suitable for smoother tracks, I changed the rear compression damping to 5, lowered the ride height to 125/130, and changed the brake bias to 5/4 with excellent results. With only these changes I was able to break the one minute mark at Tsukuba (59.586) and then, with no other changes, set a 7:21.396 lap at the Nurburgring.

Once again, this is on Sports Medium tires, and using the same setup on both Tsukuba and the 'Ring. That's why I love this car - it is so adaptable to any and all conditions.

Last edited:
Back