I'm working on some ideas for a cockpit, but not sure in a few of my designs if I could put a slope into it without making i a bit awkward. Is the slow a must have concept? The slow I'm talking about is the slow where mounting your G25/27 wheel too.
I'm working on some ideas for a cockpit, but not sure in a few of my designs if I could put a slope into it without making i a bit awkward. Is the slow a must have concept? The slow I'm talking about is the slow where mounting your G25/27 wheel too.
You could just drill some holes into a block of wood and then insert a bolt to hold the pedals, which could be mounted to some plywood. So you could drill by 5 or 10 degree increments. No need to get complicated over such a simple issue.
You could just drill some holes into a block of wood and then insert a bolt to hold the pedals, which could be mounted to some plywood. So you could drill by 5 or 10 degree increments. No need to get complicated over such a simple issue.
I'm more concerned with the wheel, and making sure that is sturdy as I'm guessing some people using it, will be at least slightly intoxicated. I'm just worried they might use too much weight getting up out of the seat and snap the wood if I do a small wooden bracket.
But thank you on reminding me to make sure the pedals are adjustable too.
I did not know what you were talking about so I assumed it was about the tilt of the pedals. So you are worried about pulling on the wooden block? You could make a handle near the wheel where they can grab to help themselves up.
You do need slope. I figure alot wheels are designed around people mounting them on low coffee tables and such so they're tilted upward for ergonomics and you need to correct for this on purpose-built stands - my guess anyway.
I also recommend you make an adjustable mount to work with different brand wheels. I learned the hard way.
I'm working on some ideas for a cockpit, but not sure in a few of my designs if I could put a slope into it without making i a bit awkward. Is the slow a must have concept? The slow I'm talking about is the slow where mounting your G25/27 wheel too.
I would say that it depends on what car you want to simulate.
If you want it to be like a classic Mini, then you don't need to slope the mounting surface for the G25/27 or maybe even need to slope it up at the front
If you want to copy an F1 car, then you need the wheel to be more vertical and so will need a slope
Most road cars are somewhere in between and will need the mounting surface higher at the back for the G25/27. Why not measure the angle of a particular car that you would like to copy and then set your wheel up like that?👍